User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgrading Suspension

Trying to figure out which parts to change. 2015 323BHS. Does the equalizer need changing or just bushings,bolts and shackles? I have inspected everything while I did my bearings and don’t see any problems but it is a good time since it’s jacked up and on blocks. Anyone that would have a parts list feel free to share. Thank You in advance.
    David,Sherry & Two Grandsons
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #955
    2016 Ram 3500 SRW

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I assume you have a Lippert Equaflex equalizer. They do have rubber components that wear over time and are a little difficult to see internally. Since your already three model years old, I'd suggest you change them out since you already have the unit apart. They are not very expensive. I'm heading out to change out a Schwintek motor for another owner, but I'd be glad to help you build a parts list when I get back tonight. I'll need a few things to help you get the parts list.

1. What size axles do you have?
    2. What is the spacing on your shackles? Measure from the center of the bolts. The spacing should be 2-1/4" or 3-1/8".
    3. Do you have a Correct Track system?

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, You are correct it is lippert components. 6000 lb. axels. 3 1/8 c/c holes on shackles. Correct Trac System also. Can you tell me what the Correct Trac System is? Thank You
    2016 Ram 3500 SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B594A8D-602B-4010-A9C1-C9993BC15FBF.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	11727. Jim this is a picture of what I have.
    2016 Ram 3500 SRW

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    David - Here are the part numbers you'll need to do the job:

Equa-Flex Equalizers (1 pair). Part number 279688. Available on Amazon Prime for $222.97. Here's a link. The link will show them in a silver color, but they are the standard Lippert yellow color when delivered. You might find them cheaper elsewhere if you take the time to search around.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=vas_ilm...1-748aa22daf7b

Finding the MorRyde shackle, bushing and wet bolt kit might be a little tougher. With the 3-1/8" shackles, EquaFlex equalizer and Correct Track alignment system, you'll need MorRyde kit number U012-031. I'm attaching a photo of the MorRyde application chart so you can see where I got the number from. Doing a quick search, I couldn't find a source for that part number. I'd recommend you call MorRyde tomorrow at 574-293-1581 and ask them if they can point you to a retailer who can sell and ship the parts to you.

BTW, the Correct Track system is for keeping your rig in alignment. Here are some details:

https://www.lci1.com/correct-track-ii

Jim

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David - I installed the UO12-031 MORryde kit. I had to order it through MORryde because it is (apparently) not a big seller. The grease holes in the bolts come randomly oriented as pressed into the shackles. I pushed these out and re-oriented the holes to 3 & 9 o’clock positions to make greasing easier.

BTW - In your picture, your shackles have “flipped”. The spring ends are supposed to be higher than the equalizer. This is not uncommon with the trailer supported by the frame and the axles hanging free . . . but is something you need to correct.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You Jim. I will give them a call and see where to get this kit. Rob thanks for your input also. I noticed the flip as I jacked this thing up. As far as the correct trac goes, it should not change should it?
    2016 Ram 3500 SRW

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Papaw View Post
    As far as the correct trac goes, it should not change should it?
    David - Before removing the bolts for the Correct Track, mark them so you get them installed back in the same orientation. You also want to make sure you get them installed in the same position that you took them out of. That way, nothing will change on your alignment when you put them back in. I just marked them with a Sharpie so I knew exactly where they went back in.

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s what I was thinking of doing. Thanks again for your time. Different subject here but I figured while trailer was on blocks I would tackle the leaking black tank valve. Fairly simple fix after getting the belly opened up. Shortened cable about 3 feet and secured it. Complete shut off now, also put strapping under all 3 tanks to prevent them from falling out as we have heard about.
    2016 Ram 3500 SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also thinking of upgrading the shackles on my trailer. I was also thinking of upgrading to the Morryde CRE3000. I was told that I must change to 2 1/4 shackles. I currently have 3 1/8 shackles. Has anyone every upgraded and changed shackle size?
    D & J
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2014 F350, 6.7, Anderson Ultimate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast