Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone Mount a Wall Fan in Bedroom?

We’re looking to mount a small, maybe 12 inch wall fan in the bedroom of our tt. I’m thinking possibly placing it where the tv mount is, with the electrical plug on the ceiling right above it. If you have done this or seen it done, I’m curious how it works and if it creates much of an issue to walk past it.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve - We are considering doing something similar. I can recommend an excellent 12V fan. We tried several different products on our boat (no AC) before finding these which are quiet, have low 12V power draw and can be easily aimed in any direction or folded back against the wall. We now have several on the boat. https://www.caframolifestylesolution...ne/sirocco-ii/

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Steve - We are considering doing something similar. I can recommend an excellent 12V fan. We tried several different products on our boat (no AC) before finding these which are quiet, have low 12V power draw and can be easily aimed in any direction or folded back against the wall. We now have several on the boat. https://www.caframolifestylesolution...ne/sirocco-ii/

Rob
    Thanks Rob. That is a nifty fan. Being able to fold it when not in use is a great feature. Being it’s 12v, I guess I would have to hook it into a light in the ceiling. I’m gonna check and see if they have one in 110.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    Rob, how long ago did you buy those fans? Numerous reviews of recent claim they stop working within a month to a year. Replacements seem to be doing the same thing. The fan looks great otherwise.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it is more expensive, but we have installed a fan with rain cover in the ceiling vent. We have the 4speed reversible fan. It works great in the summer for cooling when the sun goes down. (Note that evening temps here in the mountains are in the 60's)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryfly46 View Post
    I know it is more expensive, but we have installed a fan with rain cover in the ceiling vent. We have the 4speed reversible fan. It works great in the summer for cooling when the sun goes down. (Note that evening temps here in the mountains are in the 60's)
    I thought about that also. It would work as long as the outside temps are 60’s or below, as you said.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Rob, how long ago did you buy those fans? Numerous reviews of recent claim they stop working within a month to a year. Replacements seem to be doing the same thing. The fan looks great otherwise.
    Steve - We bought the first of these fans about 5 years ago and have added 4 more since then. Wheelhouse/galley/head/fwd cabin/aft cabin. Some of these run 12 hrs or more per day when the weather is hot. All 5 are still running fine (as of last Fall). These are the Sirocco model which appears to have been replaced with the Sirocco II. These are very popular with the gang we boat with so we probably have a “sample size” of 30 or more and I have heard of failures, but very few.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve - We bought the first of these fans about 5 years ago and have added 4 more since then. Wheelhouse/galley/head/fwd cabin/aft cabin. Some of these run 12 hrs or more per day when the weather is hot. All 5 are still running fine (as of last Fall). These are the Sirocco model which appears to have been replaced with the Sirocco II. These are very popular with the gang we boat with so we probably have a “sample size” of 30 or more and I have heard of failures, but very few.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. I will also see if they still make the original Sirocco.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered the Sirocco II tonight.
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    110 volt wall mounted fan from Amazon that could be used where TV mounts.

https://www.amazon.com/Hurricane-Wal...ing%2Bfan&th=1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast