User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Reflection 290 BH owner

We just traded in out ‘06 fun finder x240 and take delivery of a new 290BH in the next week or two. First brand new trailer we have had and family is very excited to get it. First trip out will be april 29 and temps are supposed to be -9*C over night so we will see how a four season trailer works out for us and our early/late year camping trips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Welcome to our group! I hope y’all stay warm!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw you statement from several years ago. How did the four season insulation work for you guys. Have a 3000bh and am looking at colorado in November and December. Multiple nights 10 degrees below freezing.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    How did the four season insulation work for you guys.
    I too would like to hear some first hand information on cold. I had a TT from another maker that was pretty good down to about °10F, get below that and it started getting dodgy with things freezing. I'm hoping the GD is as good or better, and equipment wise it should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The four season claim is a joke. I burnt 60lbs of propane in less then three days with coldest it got was -4°C. Partly due to their furnace and duct work is not sealed and improperly installed. There was 10 feet extra duct work in the kitchen and 12 feet in bunkhouse. Bunkhouse was cold the whole time and basement compartment was so hot it was melting my rubbermaid boxes. I sealed and fixed as much ductwork as possible and it still lacked air flow to the bunkhouse. I have a feeling there was a break in the ductwork under the floor mid trailer somewhere as the cold water comes out hot when furnace is on. I had planned to drop under belly cover and re wire and install solid ductwork as well as fix wiring but never got to. Dealer damaged trailer and had it in for repairs for 4 of the 8 weeks they figured they would need before they told me they had "lost" the whole camper right out of their shop

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH