User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Smile GD Black foam sealent - Found source Boring Smith

In planning for my projects and after finding out how good the black foam sealant GD used (thought I would never get it loose) I gave GD a call. Once again GD customer service went above and beyond, I forgot the name (I think Roy) went out to the shop and looked at the product. Made by Boring Smith

This is the stuff: https://www.boringsmith.com/p/Boring...m-I8HHTH35KN1V
    The boring smith customer service was great too in confirming what GD was using,

It does take a gun to use. Ill probably order several cans to have on hand and get their gun #49990010604 too.

Just wanted to pass on the information
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith:

Thanks for posting.

Don
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A word of caution - there is a learning curve on using the foam gun, especially if you on your back working on things.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Keith. I wish it came like a can of the foam sealer Great Stuff where you didn't need a gun. I just have a couple of holes to seal up.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They have a fairly cheap gun available (Call Them) and I think it will work with other sealant cans of foam you can get at Home Depot or elsewhere for use around the house. Their customer service was great when I called

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea how hard it is, or what you use, to clean the gun after use? My experience with other “great stuff” type foam is that it is impossible to reuse a can after first use because the hose clogs up. Curious how to prevent this with the gun, as I would like to try to seal up any critter entry point as soon as I get my trailer. Thanks.
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Maggie View Post
    Any idea how hard it is, or what you use, to clean the gun after use? My experience with other “great stuff” type foam is that it is impossible to reuse a can after first use because the hose clogs up. Curious how to prevent this with the gun, as I would like to try to seal up any critter entry point as soon as I get my trailer. Thanks.
    The gun tip seals when not in use, but if you look on the can it lists cleaners. The gun I have fully disables so it should be easy but after not using it for a month and not cleaning it still works.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been somewhat successful removing the tube from the can and pouring acetone through it to flush the great stuff out and reusing it.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is there a reason not to use "Great Stuff" when sealing up an opening? Other than color?

Jim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Is there a reason not to use "Great Stuff" when sealing up an opening? Other than color?

Jim
    For the charcoal black color I use the Great Stuff Pond and Stone.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast