User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design RV has best Warranty Service!!!! BUY ONE - You will not be Disapointed!

I want every one who purchased an RV and especially those who are thinking of purchasing an RV from Grand Design RV not to worry about them being a new company. They have their act together. Their trailers are comfortable, sturdy, and their after sales support is second to none!!!

I was nervous buying from such a new company but their sale literature and promises really sounded sincere. That and the Solitude 369RL had the most practical features we had ever seen. So we took a leap of faith and purchased a Solitude 369RL last November 2013.

We have been on the road for over 4 months (escaping the snow) and encountered some defects like one always does with a new RV. Grand Design RV sent us replacement parts (drawer slides, drawer catch, door hinge, etc) practically overnight and reimbursed the cash we had to pay the Mobile RV Tech within 10 days for the fridge defect! Grand Design RV took care of the fridge defect! normally, I would have expected to deal directly with the fridge manufacturer, Norcold, but with Grand Design, I didn't (my friend were also amazed). They also sent us doors for the linen closet in the bathroom.

One of the Grand Design Owners, Roger Fenech, even called me to make sure that we were happy with how we were being treated by Grand Design and expressed his sincere apologies for the defects we experienced. Now that's what I call personalized service.

Grand Design RV's service is spectacular. Way better than my old 5th wheel's warranty that I traded-in. We are so glad that we took a leap of faith with Grand Design RV. We have a trailer with the newest features, most practical features than the other companies, and the best warranty service.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Totally agree Aaron and Donna!

Steve

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for sharing your service experience. I have my Solitude on a seasonal site with no way to move it. It was delivered to the campground in Dec and hasn't been used yet because of the winter that won't go away. We're going up Friday to open for the season. I have a service contract with my dealer but because how far the park is from them, I'll get charged a service fee for them to just come an look at it. Minor issues I can fix, I'm handy enough. I always expect some issues with a new unit. Major issues that require the dealership are the ones that have me worried. Your experience puts me at easy a little more. The fact they paid for the mobile RV tech and the owner called to see how you're doing just shows how much they care about their customers' satisfaction.
    Tim
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1195
    2015 Ford F-350 Lariat Long Bed DRW
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
    1990 Jeep Wrangler Laredo
    1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've had nothing but great service from the folks at Grand Design. So glad we choose them over SOB!!

Kathy
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Laffman!

I need to clarify what Grand Design RV paid. They paid the Mobile RV tech labour hours to repair the defects but not the $65 service fee the RV Tech charged to come to my trailer. I figured that was fair! It would have cost me far more in diesel fuel, time and possibly lodging to haul the trailer to the nearest RV repair facility. Just remember to first call the Grand Design Warranty department (I dealt with JD and Ryan - great guys!) with your concerns and I'm sure they will work out everything to your satisfaction. Most times, they can tell you over the phone if something is ok or needs to be repaired and they can send out replacement parts to you. Don't forget to get prior approval before any work needs to be done. Take lots of pictures. Not only is it good to show to Grand Design to check if something is defective, but it will help you remember how something looked on that day because you will forget. Trust me. there are so many features on and in the trailer that I cant remember how something looked from one day to another.

I would suggest making a complete check ASAP of your trailer top to bottom and report anything suspicious to Grand Design before your 1 year warranty is over. The extreme temperatures may have caused some defects to occur and some materials to warp, crack, or rust. Check ALL your systems: AC, DC, plumbing, Radio, TV, heating, air conditioning and fridge (although the last two need to be properly tested during summer temps). Also check that everything works such as your windows, all of your drawers, cupboard doors, chairs, desk, your entry doors, locks, slam doors etc. De-winterize when its safe to check out your water system as well. Don't forget to check your exterior to make sure no water, moisture, insects, or rodents got into your rig and don't forget to do your regular maintenance.

Be careful with your slide-outs. They may not work well after being left out in the cold for so long. I would check with Grand Design before using your slide-outs after being outside all winter. you might have to warm up the trailer for a few days. just my thoughts.

Good luck and happy camping!
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I agree, having to pay the service fee is fair.

Opened the camper for the season this past weekend. Slides worked fine. Checked most of the stuff you listed with no issues (knock on wood). Only got to stay in it Friday night, our first night in it, because of Easter. But we absolutely loved the camper. One of my biggest concern all winter was the heating ducting problem several people have listed. I was happy to see all the ducting intact in the belly and the furnace keep the camper very comfortable. The water was turned on this weekend at the campground so I got to de-winterize it and checking the plumbing. No leaks to report.
    Tim
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1195
    2015 Ford F-350 Lariat Long Bed DRW
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Islander
    1990 Jeep Wrangler Laredo
    1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler

Ann Wilson
    I am mostly happy with Warrany service. We had our microwave go out (only have had the fifth wheel since July 2013) opened for season and microwave wouldnt work. They are covering that no problem. Have an issue with front jack that was grinding took to dealer and they said it was bent - how that happened have no idea but Grand Design wont cover it.