User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Danwright7

Red face What I found after 950 miles

We traveled from Stone Mountain GA to Seekonk, MA, about 950 miles. We stopped many times as my sweet wife needed the bathroom and of course the dog made a few too. I'm convinced that the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) was not done right and that they did not start from one end to the other. Its not just walk thru and look, or install a washer and dryerso, here is how I see it. WE have a new 380TH, I believe it was the first one produced, it may have also been in a show. And yes, we had a washer and dryer installed, it was never cycled to check and see if it leaked, or whether it cycled properly on the dial modes. When we got home the sliding doors had fallen off. So I checked out the doors to see how they were made to fit on the track, reinstalled them, adjusted the wheel trucks, the lock was falling out so I screwed that back together, now the doors close properly, fit properly and the lock works. This could have been done at the dealer. Now I have to do the screen sliders that fell off too. I did notice the rear sliders are off also, I noticed this at the dealer before I bought it. So, I'll tackle that too. I noticed that the fender flare screw is out, looking under the flare, one screw is not enough, I'll do that too. The inside living area is very nice, love the seating so you can watch TV without turning your neck sideways, looks like I have to adjust one of the couches as when you pull the lever to recline, the two middle recline pads cross one another when extended. It warms up pretty good, its our first bout with brrrrr cold weather, tonight it could go into the high 20's here. I'll put the tank heaters on and keep the water running a bit. I also had our rig weighed, just to know where I was, here goes; Water tank full, loaded with our gear, full tank of fuel, tool box and all............29,740 pounds gross. The mighty RAM with the CUMMINS 385hp and 850 lbs./ft. torque pulled this down the road and up those hills. Our travel speed was 65 to 70 and averaged 9.5mpg. All in all we like the 380TH.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's not to like with the 380, that is one heavy beast!!
    When you noticed things at the dealer, did you point them out to be fixed before you took it home for the first time?? We did our own PDI and so did the dealer, we both found 1 or 2 little things the other did not.
    What I really liked is they pulled the trailer into the shop and left us alone to look around as long as we wanted. We spent over an hour poking around.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our PDI was much the same - we started at 11:00 with the service tech - he found two items that they had to order to replace, and one item we found that he fixed while we were still there. We went inside and signed all our paperwork while the tech adjusted the items. We went back out to the service garage and asked if we could spend some more time in the unit, (we couldn't take it home that day), he and his boss informed us we spend all day there but we would have to leave at 4:00 when they closed We were very happy with everything the dealer did for us. We have since had to take the unit back for another couple of warranty items and they were again wonderful and got us in for service within 24 hours. We got our unit at General RV in White Lake - it's been a good experience!!!!
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box