User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awning issue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got our rig a couple weeks ago and its probably going to be another month plus before we get to use it. But if I can bring one corner of the awning down a little like I could on our old camper, I just pulled the end down on the end where it didn't matter if water would dump or pool. Usually farthest away from where anybody was sitting. That being said, the 2970 has two awnings, so that ought to make things interesting.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by savage99ss View Post
    Mine does this. Thought it due to the rain dump feature
    Interesting thought maybe to shot the snow and rain off.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    Interesting thought maybe to shot the snow and rain off.
    Mine has the auto dump feature. That’s why it’s important to leave the screws loose. It allows the awning to dump when necessary. It also allows it to flex with minor wind.
    FYI, the dealer was not aware of this.

You can YouTube search for “rv awning auto dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike, Branden, and Wardell
    297RSTS
    Lacassine, La

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colo native View Post
    When I open my awning and it gets about 1 foot out the front arm suddenly pops out away from the wall then runs out fine, It is not binding up, none of the others do this. Is this a bad piston arm(or what ever they call it) or something else?
    I too own a 297 RSTS and have the same problem. After review I noticed the fabric winding uneven and pulling the top of the arms towards the front of the trail. This results in the bottom of the arm moving towards the rear and binding in the channel mounted on the TT. When it releases, it makes the "popping" noise. I called GD and spoke with Shawn. He states there should be a set screw installed through the fabric insert at the tube end to keep the fabric centered. If this screw is lost or loose. The fabric can move which pulls arms in the direction of the movement. I am on a permanent site 150 miles from home and haven't had the opportunity to check this but it is on my agenda next trip in March. Hope this helps.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dometic will send you a free set of rubber bumpers that can be installed in the channel to solve this. They are oval shaped rubber pieces that push out on the awning base as you first extend. I posted about it here or over at GD somewhere when I repaired my side channels that were bowing.

Package is listed as Kit, Bumper, Arm Part number 3310777.000 It comes with screws and rivets for attaching to an existing hole on the frame channel, (screws were too short for my situation) but they will send you instruction too. Just call their customer (Dometic) service number. They are very easy to install.

This solved the issue for me. Yes you can buy online if you want but Free is better.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Long View Post
    I too own a 297 RSTS and have the same problem. After review I noticed the fabric winding uneven and pulling the top of the arms towards the front of the trail. This results in the bottom of the arm moving towards the rear and binding in the channel mounted on the TT. When it releases, it makes the "popping" noise. I called GD and spoke with Shawn. He states there should be a set screw installed through the fabric insert at the tube end to keep the fabric centered. If this screw is lost or loose. The fabric can move which pulls arms in the direction of the movement. I am on a permanent site 150 miles from home and haven't had the opportunity to check this but it is on my agenda next trip in March. Hope this helps.
    I just took mine into the dealer for the last warranty work. My awning was retracting unevenly and "bending" the arms toward the rear. Diagnosis is the fabric has over time become uneven and will be replaced. Evidently there is a problem with the materials used for the awning, probably due to someone coming up with a cheaper way to do it.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12