User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you install the disc, and if so, did you modify (cut) it?

2021 295RL Reflection, 150 Series
    2019 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi, 4.10
    BW Companion Slider BWRVB3405 hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure the point of a lube plate when using the turning point hitch? The main turning point (5th wheel pin) that would need to be lubed is locked from movement with the wedge, forcing the turning point hitch to turn at the main bearing 21" behind the 5th-wheel. Granted a nylon wear plate at the 5th-wheel would possibly silence squeaks and prevent the paint from being scratched when hooking up etc.
    2021 GD 150 Series Reflection 260RD, Lifted 3" with solar. Lippert Turning Point Pin Box. 300watt Inverter. TV = 2021 4wd Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab I6 Cummins Diesel, 6'4" bed, Curt A16 puck system, Custom Bed Tank.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLSchmidt View Post
    I've been assured by the folks at Lippert that their Whisper Disc lube plate can be used with the Turning Point pin box when the wedge is installed. Has anyone tried this -- or for that matter has anyone used any sort of lube plate with the Turning Point box? I'd love to get away from using grease on the hitch.
    Gary DO NOT USE THE LUBE PLATE It can create a situation where damage can occur to your wedge/hitch plate.

How? The wedge needs full side contact against the hitch top plate to force the turning movement at the turning point. Use of a lube plate raises the wedge reducing the surface area of contact. In some situations it can allow the wedge to gall and ride up on top of the hitch plate. You don't need the lube plate as there should be no movement at the hitch plate with the wedge installed properly. If you have movement the wedge is not installed properly.

I learned this at my dealer last week when getting parts, He had a unit come in with a broken wedge and messed up hitch plate. Person had used a lube plate cutting a notch for the wedge. He is also seeing issues with the turning point bearings if folks are not having them maintained correctly. Spraying WD 40 in to quiet things is not good practice and can actually hurt the bearings. To service he is removing the pin box to service it on a bench to get at everything.

Be safe
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12