User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lukeysh714

Watch out for recliner footrest opening during transit

Learned a new lesson the hard way. Our 369RL has the three section recliner in the back of the trailer. When the slides are closed, you can see the section closest to the door side. If the footrest has extended during transit due to vibration,,,,,it will catch and break the facia on the rear slide when opening. Broke the fasia and backing OSB and tore the leather. From now on, the only way to make sure is to open the slide slightly, so you can skinny back there and see before opening to the point of contact.

Grand Design customer service is the greatest. Replacement parts/pieces are on the way. Might want to consider a strap for next design versions.

BTW,,,we absolutely love our Solitude and Grand Design is a great company. Quality folks, customer service better than all!!!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The best thing about Grand Design is their superb customer service. From Janice giving practical advice and following up on this forum to management involvement at all levels, they are the best RV company out there right now. When you're dealing with complex machines like their line of fifth wheels, things can go wrong. What sets this company aside from others is the follow up and care they give their customers when attention is needed.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the end table door pop open during transit on our 337RLS. Didn't notice it until the slide was all the way out. We sprung a hinge on the door - no other damage. I was able to just fill in the holes, re-drill and put the door back on and everything is fine. Lesson learned though - now we extend a slide part way, look to MAKE SURE all doors are closed, then finish extending.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the exact same thing happen to our end table door. Dave fixed it the same way.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our computer desk keeps coming open. Was busted and on the floor when I brought it home the first day. Put it back in and verified the lock was set. Took it back for warranty and it was open again when I got to the dealer. They "fixed" it and when I came back home it was busted and open again. Lock doesnt seem to be working at all. I think the desk is hopping up when I hit a bump and clearing the little latch that is supposed to hold it closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daehawc View Post
    Our computer desk keeps coming open. Was busted and on the floor when I brought it home the first day. Put it back in and verified the lock was set. Took it back for warranty and it was open again when I got to the dealer. They "fixed" it and when I came back home it was busted and open again. Lock doesnt seem to be working at all. I think the desk is hopping up when I hit a bump and clearing the little latch that is supposed to hold it closed.
    Which model do you own?
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2014 369rl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Mine was coming out as well but never came completely out. The slide rails should keep it from coming all the way out unless you depress the little plastic handle on the rail. It releases the lock that keeps them from coming out all the way. The catches are the same type as on the drawers and cupboards and they weren't engaging completely. It should take a fair amount of force to get the desk to pop open. Use the drawers and cupboards as a gauge to get a feel for how much force it takes since they use the same type of catch.. With a few adjustments on those catches on the inside pocket where the desk goes in we were able to solve the problem of it coming open during travel. I had to take the desk in and out a few times before I got the adjustment right but we haven't had a problem since.

Hope this helps
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth we had the same exact thing happen to us a couple of weeks ago on our second trip! At one of our stops, because this was only our second outing, we decided to open up and check things. Lo and behold the computer drawer was out and on the floor. It damaged the slides but it didn't seem to hurt anything else, thank goodness! I was afraid it would have damaged the cabinets below or the fireplace. We will have to have it fixed by our dealer. I was a little sick to my stomach until we got to our destination and could extend the slides to take a look. We were very lucky!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the little tabs didnt stand a chance when the desk got to full extension and bounced down the road. Our rails are bent and will need to be replaced and the cabinet next to the fireplace got chipped and is going to get replaced. I think I'll use some painters tape as a safety measure in the future. Definitely a sickening feeling when you see your brand new rig damaged. Oh well, as long as it gets fixed up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast