User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I know this thread is old...
    I finished installing all my cameras last weekend and everything powered on and worked perfectly. Today I hooked up and plugged everything in and couldn't get the monitor to power on at first, wiggling the plug it finally came on. After i shut the truck off and finished prepping for travel, i couldn't get the monitor to come back on. Switched it to every plug i had and wiggled just like before. Had it all plugged in for over an hour and nothing. I did suspect the fuse and looked at it but it appeared to be okay.

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I replace the fuse anyway?

Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely change the fuse. I could not see the break the original time. It will be the fuse, seems like an ongoing issue.

FYI: I’m looking for a new camera and screen. The Furrion was junk. Continuing problems and no customer support. I bought system in February. Installed in April when the weather was warmer. The following April nothing would work. Troubleshooting the problem it became obvious it was a screen issue. Zero warranty and support by then. Was not happy with the Furrion system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked the fuse again with a multimeter and it said it was still good, so i started fiddling with other parts. I haven't yet installed the door camera, so i plugged the door camera into the monitor cord while plugged into power and the monitor, and strangely the monitor now works. Only issue being that the cord connected to the camera had to in a precise position to get it to work.

So i took apart the truck end of the cord and found that the grounding ends were loose. After fixing that, same situation only this time it would go on and off when i touched the plug for the camera. So i once again took it apart and was just going to terminate the camera wires and just have the monitor wires, and see if that solved the issues.

Unfortunately the positive portion of the plug broke off when i was attempting to remove the heat shrink stuff that was on it. So now i can't use the plug. Starting to wonder if it is just the cheapness of the plug that was causing all the problems and maybe there was a break on the positive terminal to begin with and i just finished it off when trying to remove it?

Anyway I ordered a new plug from Furrion for 10 bucks... we'll see if/when it gets here because no dates were given during checkout as to how long shipping was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12