User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Observation Power Problem - Help

I have installed the Furrion Observation Camera. I am having problems with the Monitor and no power. I attached the power cord to a working lighter in my truck but get no power at all. I know the outlet works because I use it with another device. Checked the fuse - No issue. I have rotated the adapter plug with no results. I have checked the power plug on other vehicles I have and a power pack and still no power to the monitor. The Camera receives power through the trailer (the light is on) I tried powering the camera with the power plug to see if it was paired but did not get any power to the camera by that method

Any suggestions? any way to check the power plug itself? Can I pick up another 12v plug for this unit anywhere?

Leaving on a trip soon, so anything is appreciated!!!!
    Shawn & Julie
    2018 Reflection 327RST
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 litre Cummins Diesel
    Pullrite Autoslide 16 K with Capture Plate
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good morning. The tip of the Furrion Plug is actually a small fuse. Unscrew the metal tip and you should be able to separate the plug and pull out the fuse to check it. I just disassembled mine so you can get a visual of what it looks like.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the fuse in the Monitor power cord. Unscrew the silver part to get to the fuse. I received my camera system with a bad fuse that looked fine. The fuse is 3/16 by 3/4 1.5amp slow blow fuse. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
    2018 Imagine 2150RB
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is why I joined this group. Answers to everything in a timely matter. It was exactly like @72smith and @TucsonJim figured....the fuse. Works great now. Had to have been shipped with a blown fuse. I examined it but could not see the break. I appreciate the help

Off on our trip!
    Shawn & Julie
    2018 Reflection 327RST
    2015 Ram 2500 6.7 litre Cummins Diesel
    Pullrite Autoslide 16 K with Capture Plate
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Terrific. Have a great time.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the same issue (monitor not powering up), so I checked the fuse - bingo! It is blown; so I looked at the fuse to get the rating, and it says "T1AL125v." This doesn't seem to be the same size the link references (250v fuse). If you have been using the 1.6A 250v fuse without issue, I will go with the same but I still have some warranty on the monitor left so I don't want to use the wrong fuse.
    Chad & Marisa (plus 7.5 lb Enzo!)
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost
    - Heavy Duty Payload Package, Max Trailer Tow Package, 6.5' Bed, 18" Wheels
    - Demco Recon 21K Hitch, RetraxPRO MX Bed Cover

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctdecuir View Post
    I am having the same issue (monitor not powering up), so I checked the fuse - bingo! It is blown; so I looked at the fuse to get the rating, and it says "T1AL125v." This doesn't seem to be the same size the link references (250v fuse). If you have been using the 1.6A 250v fuse without issue, I will go with the same but I still have some warranty on the monitor left so I don't want to use the wrong fuse.
    TD1AL125V = 1 amp slow blow
    https://www.amazon.com/T1AL125V-T1L1.../dp/B009LH4NK6
    T1AL125V, T1A 125V, T1L125V Cartridge Glass Fuses 5X20mm (3/16 inch x 3/4 inch), 1A 125V/250V, Slow Blow (Time Delay)

Bussmann also sells them as GDC Series time-delay fuses GDC-1A, GDC-1.25A, GDC-1.6A

Furrion 4.3" monitor is supposed to use ~200mA (.2A) per Op & Install booklet
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced the fuse in the power cord for my Furrion FOS 48ta-BL. The camera at first began to intermittently lose the signal and then went completely dead. Replacing the fuse with a 5 amp slow blow fuse fixed the problem. I am now looking for thoughts on what caused the fuse to blow in the first place. Comments? thanks.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybe12 View Post
    I just replaced the fuse in the power cord for my Furrion FOS 48ta-BL. The camera at first began to intermittently lose the signal and then went completely dead. Replacing the fuse with a 5 amp slow blow fuse fixed the problem. I am now looking for thoughts on what caused the fuse to blow in the first place. Comments? thanks.
    Could have been just a bad fuse from the manufacturer. I would replace the fuse with the correct size amp rating as stated above and she how she works. If it blows again then I would drive deeper into the problem.
    Just my thoughts.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven. Thank you. That is my plan but I hope to find someone who has had experience with blown fuses on a power cable for the furrion cameras. I suspect an internal fault in the camera or a loose wire in the camera or associated wiring. Thanks for your post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast