Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tucsontravelor

Did you get a call back from customer service?

Bill Fenech

Tucsontraveler
    I did not receive a call back. I had to call them. I was told by the tech that he would give me the precise location of the fan---but haven't heard back. So I called Atwood and my husband experimented and after some tricky maneuvering was able to remove the fan. He will attempt to connect the new fan as soon as the heat of the day dissipates. The Atwood rep told us the wrong connection for the new fan so my husband had to modify it. What should have been an easy fix has become complicated. I will report the results tomorrow. I'm hoping the fan noise will be gone.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I understand a little better. I thought you were referring to Grand Design Customer Service not calling you back. I would have been able to get that handled quickly. Regarding Atwood, is there anything we can do help the situation?

Regards,

Bill

Tucsontraveler
    Bill, Are you with Grand Design? I was referring to GD not calling me back----I still haven't heard back. My husband believes he solved the problem but he did it on his own. The design of the vent on the outside of the slide should be modified. The frig fan should be readily accessible and it is not. Those fans fail and get dirt in the ball bearings which can cause noise. I would be happy to discuss this with you. Atwood called me back when I first contacted them----but when we were up on a ladder and needed their help they didn't call back either.

Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucsontravelor View Post
    Bill, Are you with Grand Design? I was referring to GD not calling me back----I still haven't heard back. My husband believes he solved the problem but he did it on his own. The design of the vent on the outside of the slide should be modified. The frig fan should be readily accessible and it is not. Those fans fail and get dirt in the ball bearings which can cause noise. I would be happy to discuss this with you. Atwood called me back when I first contacted them----but when we were up on a ladder and needed their help they didn't call back either.

Thanks
    FYI,,, Bill Fenech, one of the three owners of Grand Design, you are talking to the top! And what a great job they are doing!

Tucsontraveler
    Thanks for letting me know----I hope I get to talk with him.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tucson travelor

I'm so sorry about that. I misread your post (twice). First off, I can have customer service call you if you still need help and I apologize you did not get a return call. Secondly, you can send me your contact information and I will call you if you want to talk. Please thank your husband for solving the problem.

Regards,

Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not receive a call back. I had to call them. I was told by the tech that he would give me the precise location of the fan---but haven't heard back. So I called Atwood and my husband experimented and after some tricky maneuvering was able to remove the fan. He will attempt to connect the new fan as soon as the heat of the day dissipates. The Atwood rep told us the wrong connection for the new fan so my husband had to modify it. What should have been an easy fix has become complicated. I will report the results tomorrow. I'm hoping the fan noise will be gone.
    Hi Tucsontravelor.

Happy to hear you fixed your fridge. FYI, Bill Fenech helped me with my trailer so make sure to call him if you need help. He is easy to talk to and really cares about his clients and his company.

I was wondering how I would have to fix my fridge if I had that problem. I have a Norcold fridge installed in the slide-out in my Solitude with 2 fans located somewhere near the bottom exhaust port. I'm not sure if they are readily accessible from the bottom port or the fridge would need to be pulled to service them. The 2 fans are near the bottom of the picture I attached. I took it looking down behind the fridge from the upper exhaust port. What does yours look like?

Happy travels!

Attachment 764
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

PS_Diesel

Vent fan

Thanks
    Tucsontravelor, could you provide more details on your fix please. Dealer just tells me it's normal. Did you replace with a fan that was quiet? Did you have the load propane howl when the water heater lights on propane?

Thanks for any info

Tucsontraveler
    Hi everyone, I am not getting notified when someone responds to my post----so I apologize for not answering your questions. The frig is still not fixed but we may have a solution. I have a call into Bill Fenech and am waiting to hear back. As soon as I have more information I will post it. But feel free to contact me at mirdc50 @ gmail .com I put in spaces in my email address to prevent spam----just eliminate the spaces in my email address.

Thanks,
    Miriam

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast