User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Rob,

I'm thinking of installing the correct trac system and noticed my hangars are also pulled in due to the shorter bolts. I'm not sure if the correct track system will come with the proper length bolts. I've been looking into the correct trac with the equalizer and a wet bolt kit. I have seen some videos on YouTube on the aftermarket correct trac kit where the hangar lateral motion is disturbing. I've been communicating with Lippert on this.
    Hi MidwestCamper - Correct Trac is an odd thing. In concept, it looks like a good idea, but I don’t think I have ever heard of anyone actually using it to align their axles. Probably in large part because no dealers have the laser equipment to guide an alignment. If your tires are wearing evenly, I don’t think you will see any benefit from having Correct Trac and the aftermarket kit does extend the suspension leverage on the hangers.

As I noted earlier, LCI hangers and bolts do not fit together without pulling in the hangers. It will take custom parts or at least custom machining of standard parts to fix this.

There is a misconception by some at LCI that Correct Track can be used to modify ride height. I went through why this is not possible with their reps at one of the Rallies. I’m not sure that they really understood what I was telling them.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi MidwestCamper - Correct Trac is an odd thing. In concept, it looks like a good idea, but I don’t think I have ever heard of anyone actually using it to align their axles. Probably in large part because no dealers have the laser equipment to guide an alignment. If your tires are wearing evenly, I don’t think you will see any benefit from having Correct Trac and the aftermarket kit does extend the suspension leverage on the hangers.

As I noted earlier, LCI hangers and bolts do not fit together without pulling in the hangers. It will take custom parts or at least custom machining of standard parts to fix this.

There is a misconception by some at LCI that Correct Track can be used to modify ride height. I went through why this is not possible with their reps at one of the Rallies. I’m not sure that they really understood what I was telling them.

Rob
    Rob,

I'm interested since they are telling me the correct trac will raise my rig by 1.5 to 2 inches. This is primarily what I'm after. What are you thinking on this?
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Joe. I'm looking into a correct trac system and either a MorRyde or Equa-flex system with wet bolts. I changed my tires over and have lost 1/2 inch of fender clearance and feel comfortable with this decision, however I noticed when changing the tires, that my original right rear tire had struck the floor on the heavier kitchen side. This was on a stretch of highway in Indiana loaded with a full tank of water. It was so rough I was concerned about bending components. So I would like to raise the trailer by an inch or two since I also dry camp in some areas with uneven surfaces.
    MidwestCamper - if you are looking to increase ride height, I would suggest blocks between the springs and the axles as a better way to go. See post #6 on this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-drivers-side?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

I'm interested since they are telling me the correct trac will raise my rig by 1.5 to 2 inches. This is primarily what I'm after. What are you thinking on this?
    Agreed that the bolt-on Correct Track upgrade kit will extend the hangers and raise the trailer. I would prefer the spacer blocks to extending the leverage on the hangers.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MidwestCamper - if you are looking to increase ride height, I would suggest blocks between the springs and the axles as a better way to go. See post #6 on this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-drivers-side?

Rob
    Thanks Rob,

I was also thinking the spacer blocks would be the best solution but Lippert did not recommend it. I guess since they do not sell these most likely. I've installed these on plenty of cars and trucks and was struggling with this. Maybe they feel this way due to the weight?
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    Rob,
    I will install the spring blocks. I've shown Lippert a video of the correct track in action and it is very scary. They tell me the system in the video was not installed correctly where the banana hangars are not recommended and the proper shoulder bolts were not used. Either way, I do not like the increased moment on the shackles where it looks like this system needs a cross brace at a minimum.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iRVPwYZg
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Rob on the CorrectTrac. Not sure what year GD stopped using it but in my opinion it was just a sales gimmick anyways. The RV's that had it installed from the factory were never aligned using the CorrectTrac as they came off the factory floor. Most selling dealers had no idea how to utilize it and any aftermarket trailer service garages would bend the axles to align them like they have for the past 50 years. I don't even know if any OEM even utilizes the CorrectTrac anymore.

I think it was a great idea but the fact that the factory wouldn't take the time to actually align the axles before shipping the RV off to a dealer and the fact that apparently there was no training to the selling dealers on how to actually adjust the CorrectTrac(or no willingness for the dealer to learn how to do it), made the system pretty much worthless.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I don't even know if any OEM even utilizes the CorrectTrac anymore.
    Highland Ridge (a.k.a. Open Range, Mesa Ridge, etc) uses it. https://www.highlandridgerv.com/prod.../construction/

Hope I don't get kicked off the site for looking at (or mentioning) another brand.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    I agree with Rob on the CorrectTrac. Not sure what year GD stopped using it but in my opinion it was just a sales gimmick anyways. The RV's that had it installed from the factory were never aligned using the CorrectTrac as they came off the factory floor. Most selling dealers had no idea how to utilize it and any aftermarket trailer service garages would bend the axles to align them like they have for the past 50 years. I don't even know if any OEM even utilizes the CorrectTrac anymore.

I think it was a great idea but the fact that the factory wouldn't take the time to actually align the axles before shipping the RV off to a dealer and the fact that apparently there was no training to the selling dealers on how to actually adjust the CorrectTrac(or no willingness for the dealer to learn how to do it), made the system pretty much worthless.
    Thanks Minnow101.
    I was not really interested in the alignment part but as a method of raising the rig. The resulting longer hangars just do not sit well with me where they should consider a cross brace similar to what is supplied with the MorRyde SLE4000. Lippert did not recommend the lift blocks which seems to be the best solution, but then again, they do not produce these. I'm going that route.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob,

I was also thinking the spacer blocks would be the best solution but Lippert did not recommend it. I guess since they do not sell these most likely. I've installed these on plenty of cars and trucks and was struggling with this. Maybe they feel this way due to the weight?
    Midwest Camper - I installed spacer blocks on my 2014 337RLS fifth wheel and also on my 2014 297RSTS TT. On the fifth wheel I installed 1" blocks on the curb side and 1-1/2" blocks on the street side in order to offset a level problem that was created by the street side being heavier. On the travel trailer, I went with 1-1/2" on both sides to give me more tire clearance in the wheel wells and to allow the trailer a little more clearance when we go off-road to some boondocking spots.

In both cases, the blocks were rock solid and I've had no issues. One thing to note. If you purchase the blocks, I'd suggest purchasing the kit that includes new U-bolts. They are a generic length though, and should be cut down to size once installed. I used a reciprocating saw with a metal blade to trim them to length.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast