Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't checked the sheet yet but I have it on level driveway now. the slide side has 2 1/2" of clearance between top of tire and underside
    the other side has 2 1/4"

Attachment 12813Attachment 12814
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2685.jpg   IMG_2686.jpg  

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like your entire kitchen is on the curb side. Probably quite a bit heavier on that side. The 1/4 inch difference is nothing to worry about. The 2-1/2 inch clearance to the trailer floor doesn't sound good. As mentioned above, your springs could be flattening out.
    My 315RLTS is around 600 lbs (dry) heavier on the kitchen side than the curb side. The trailer rode 3/4 inch low on that side, enough that my buddy following could see it. I just had heavier axles installed (covered by GD, BTW), and while the axles were out I had new springs installed. On the heavier side I used heavier rated springs to offset the weight. Now is even side to side, tows without listing to port.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sent pics and info to David at GD and my dealer but have not heard back. looking at pictures of other 2800 online they seem to sit about the same. judging by how far the stairs are from the ground and the wheel to fender gap.
    I was hoping someone else with a 2018 2800bh could measure their get from top of tire to under the floor.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can try and measure mine tomorrow and let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome thanks!
    I measured the leafs from eyelet to eyelet and they seem to measure out 26"
    also put a string from eyelet to eylet pulled tight and measured top of spring to string and I get 1 3/4"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI Callahan did you get a chance to measure?

dexter sent me an email back with the specs for the springs and they say all is good according to them.
    the info they sent me shows the spring at 26" when loaded and the deflection at 1.5" and I'm at 1 3/4" which is better.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    Mine is at the dealer getting a slide topper and a maxair cover put on. If no one has answered by the time I get it back, I'll measure and get back to you.
    Search on "2600RB Tire to Floor Clearance". Since your higher gaps are only 3.5 inches, it looks like you may have the same issue. However, you should drive it to a location to level the TT and check the gaps. GDRV has upgraded the suspension on 2019 models most likely due to this issue.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffntanya View Post
    I have sent pics and info to David at GD and my dealer but have not heard back. looking at pictures of other 2800 online they seem to sit about the same. judging by how far the stairs are from the ground and the wheel to fender gap.
    I was hoping someone else with a 2018 2800bh could measure their get from top of tire to under the floor.
    How did things work out for you regarding the gap between your tires and the underside of the trailer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12