Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 2800BH gap between tire and underside of trailer

was just looking at my 2018 2800bh that we bought in october 2017 and used once. we will be dewinterizing it soon. I noticed it seems the tires sit up in the fenders and I seem to recall the tires where exposed when we got it.
    took a measurement and they are only 1.5" away from rubbing. does this sound right? 1 of the 4 tires has maybe a 2" gap.

just went and re checked the worst one is 1.5" from rubbing. another is 2" and two are about 3.5"
    is it possible it's just the way it's sitting in the yard? I had to double up a 2x8 on one side and a single 2x8 on the other to make it level for winter storage. in a few weeks I'll be able to pull it out on the paved driveway.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is at the dealer getting a slide topper and a maxair cover put on. If no one has answered by the time I get it back, I'll measure and get back to you.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank Jking

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess that the side with the boards under the tires are the ones that have less clearance because of this.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jking46 View Post
    Mine is at the dealer getting a slide topper and a maxair cover put on. If no one has answered by the time I get it back, I'll measure and get back to you.
    What brand of slide topper did you go with? Once you get it back from the dealer and have a chance try everything out, let us know how you like the slide topper and vent covers.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall the brand name of the topper. We had one installed on our previous camper and will never have another camper without one. It's the same dealer so I think the topper will be the same. I'll get back with you when I get it back.

Same with the maxair cover. With the cover, you can leave the vent open while traveling or not in use and no weather can get in. Helps the heat build up while stored.

Back to the topper....you should sweep off the slide before retracting. I'm 71, and I'm NOT going up there. Simple solution.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a good look at the spring arch of each spring. Sounds like you might have flattened springs. Not an uncommon problem. If so you would want replace all the springs.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are blocked up on one side, that is the side that will have less clearance.

You need to get it on a flat level surface, then look at them.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would it have less clearance when blocked? The blocking would create a level surface. If one side of my trailer is an inch low for instance, I put a one inch piece of plywood under it and the trailer is level. Obviously the suspension does not become compressed on that side or it would take more than one inch of wood to level trailer.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Why would it have less clearance when blocked? The blocking would create a level surface. If one side of my trailer is an inch low for instance, I put a one inch piece of plywood under it and the trailer is level. Obviously the suspension does not become compressed on that side or it would take more than one inch of wood to level trailer.
    x2 on Jim's comment.
    jeffntanya - Have a look at the weight sheet that came with your rig, from Grand Design. Does it show a significant side-to-side weight difference?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast