Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mount Rushmore

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 On Custer State Park. It's a real jewel. Would love to stay in Custer Park when we go back. We also stayed at Crooked Creek in Hill City. Good location to operate from.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sitting at Custer State Park right now. Went to Rushmore today, it was not as fulfilling as you get lead to believe. Must be because you see so many pics and hear about it so much. Definitely was not really worth the $10 parking. See it from the roads around it, just as good.
    The loop from Custer SP though around the Rushmore and back down past Crazy Horse is a beautiful ride. One to take after you drop the camper, it's not only pretty twisty but the tunnels would probably prevent it anyway. We won't be able to drive the Needles unfortunately, still closed from snow.
    We rode the Wildlife Loop in the park earlier. Beautiful and lots of wildlife. Would imagine it would be hell in busy times with the traffic just being familiar with how Cades Cove gets back home in be Smokies.
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mt. Rushmore is the only National Park that your handicapped or senior pass will not get you in to, in the nation. They said that they're not charging you to enter the park......they're simply charging you to park. The hook is that there's no place else to park where you can walk in, so if you're not being dropped off.....you're paying if you want to go in regardless of your pass.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya but parking is only $10/year. 😉

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Ya but parking is only $10/year. [emoji6]
    Wonder how many passes actually get used more than once.

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably more than you might imagine. Everyone that visits us wants to go wine tasting or drive over the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm sure there are folks in the Mount Rushmore area that get visitors too. Point is it's pretty cheap. Especially when you show up in an $80K trailer.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    So much talk about the monuments but don't miss the drive through The Needles.
    We wanted to be able to turn onto it a few minutes ago when passed by it, but closed. We may get lucky and they open it up if the warm temps today melt the snow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have reservations 5/26 - 6/2 at the KOA Custer. Looks like some like it and some don't. We'll report back in June.
    I have never been to Mt. Rushmore. I flew close by the faces every time I arrived at or left Rapid City in my airplane when on business trips. Used to be pretty easy to talk ATC into a close flyby.
    But I've never seen any of that stuff as a tourist so we are going to try to do as many attractions as we can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Don and Donna
    "Spook" (1/2 Bichon, 1/2 American Eskimo)
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS
    2012 RAM 2500 HD Laramie 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 6 spd 4X4 S/B Crew Cab
    PullRite SuperGlide 16K
    Mopeka Bluetooth LPG Remote Tank Monitors
    TireMinder TPMS
    Performance Trailer Braking Titan Disc Brake Upgrade

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be staying at Stockade Lake North campground the week of July 23rd. Looking forward to the Trip. The last time I was out there was on a motorcycle. Iron mtn. road was my favorite. I wish I could take the motorcycle along with but doesn't work to well with a wife and two kids. I am looking into renting a Polaris slingshot if you don't need a motorcycle endorsement this way the wife and I could each have one so the kids could come along. I also have a night planned in the badlands for camping.
    2018 3500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB
    2014 2500HD Chevy Duramax CC SB(sold)
    Pullrite 2700 Autoslider
    Timbrens
    2018 28bh 5th wheel
    X23B Jayco (sold)
    1991 Pop-up (sold)
    Tent (might bring along so I know what camping is like again)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rushmore used to be very rustic...redwood observation decks and wood buildings. Now it’s all granite multilevel decks, big amphitheater, concrete, columns and big multilevel parking lots all of which tend to over power the faces. Used to live just across the border in Nebraska and have been there far more times than I can count. Love the black hills and the history there but they turned Rushmore into a Washington DC type place. Too bad but if you can ignore that...Rushmore must be seen! Enjoy s great trip!
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast