Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mount Rushmore

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Custer State Park is beautiful. We spent two weeks in the area there Sep last year the last couple of days at Grace Coolidge campground which was quiet and nice. The Bison center is great - and when we were there the building was surrounded by Bison who had returned to the place they know as hands were already driving the herds towards it (it's also where the roundup occurs). We took some of the dirt roads off of the wildlife route and came across bighorns, pronghorns, mule deer, and of course bison. Even there last year, we want to go back.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorend View Post
    Hi Curtis, Came across this old post from several years ago and thought you would be the one to reach out to for info. Our backgrounds are similar in that we both drive for a living, not so much for me anymore, now being retired. We are planning on going from Rapid City to Mt Rushmore and then to Custer State Park and I can not find the info I am looking for on roads. I know that 16A coming out of Keystone is a no-go for a 31 ft, 12'6' high 5er. Can I take 40 east to 233 and then drive 16A all the way to Custer City? Or better to stay on 40 to Hermosa and then on 36 to 16A. Or should I just think it is crazy to go from Rushmore to Custer. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for any help you may be able to give. I still have not made it to your favorite restaurant in Parker. Had some friends that tried it on your recommendation and they really enjoyed it.
    Sorry I'm late to the party, but it looks like Dallas got you all hooked up!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345