User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reconnecting: Jacks are down; says jacks are up.

We've now re-hitched three times; twice the re-hitch sequence on the leveling system gave us "System Error".

The sequence documentation on the door label says

• Turn power on. Unit will say "Unit Level ... Jacks Down".
    • Press the Left and Right buttons at the same time and release, and the unit will return to height at which the auto-level sequence started.

When we powered on the unit (2 of three times), it said "Jacks Up". When we pressed left and right at the same time, the system reported "System Error Press Enter to acknowledge". After pressing Enter, I just ran it manually.

[Edit] Yes, we started autoleveling nose high; the autolevel sequence worked flawlessly.

Any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears that the answer is to wait for the auto level operation to completely finish. When it finishes leveling the unit beeps and says something to the effect that the unit is level. I had been turning the unit off at that point. But if I wait a moment, it then changes to "Jacks Down". If I wait for that, the return to hitch height operation when we're ready to leave works normally.

If I find that this doesn't solve the problem completely, I'll update this thread.
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it turns out that isn't the answer. Being very careful to let the auto-level process complete, showing "Jacks down", we're still getting "Jacks up" when we turn the system back on to hitch up. We only had one successful cycle.

I'll have to contact LCI.
    -Al
    Al and Kathe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you doing anything that would cause the leveling unit to loose power? Or anything that might cause loss of memory?

I know that if I do any manual adjustment I loose the re-hitch function but I just use a stick with height mark on it for re-hitch height so I don't really care if it remembers.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your thoughts and questions, Jim

No, the unit had power the whole time--or at least I wasn't actively doing anything that would cause loss of power, and since we were stationary, I don't think it was an intermittent connection although that is certainly possible. And for your other question about doing anything manually after completing the auto leveling, no we hadn't.

-Al
    Al and Kathe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts and questions, Jim

No, the unit had power the whole time--or at least I wasn't actively doing anything that would cause loss of power, and since we were stationary, I don't think it was an intermittent connection although that is certainly possible. And for your other question about doing anything manually after completing the auto leveling, no we hadn't.

-Al
    I've had exactly the same problem with mine -- the control unit usually says "Jacks down" when they're up and I've seen the reverse too, "Jacks up" when they're down. I'm sorry to say that I don't have an answer for you, but this last post of yours poses an interesting theory -- if loss of power is causing the unit to forget its settings, I wonder if plugging and unplugging the 50A power cord could be doing this? Specifically, the LCI system runs on 12V but when the 120V cord is plugged/unplugged the Converter may be creating a voltage surge that momentarily interrupts power to the LCI?

-Ken
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t want to hijack your thread , but I have a question about this function. When doing the PDI I was told the hydraulic system didn’t have hitch recognition like my previous electric system. This thread prompted me to look at the LCI app , and there it is. When you enter this mode does it automatically raise the rear jacks and then raise the front to hitch height? For a year we’ve been doing these two steps manually.
    Thanks , Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Don’t want to hijack your thread , but I have a question about this function. When doing the PDI I was told the hydraulic system didn’t have hitch recognition like my previous electric system. This thread prompted me to look at the LCI app , and there it is. When you enter this mode does it automatically raise the rear jacks and then raise the front to hitch height? For a year we’ve been doing these two steps manually.
    Thanks , Charlie
    My return-to-hitch-height has never worked. Not once. So I don't really know, but just by observing other behaviors my assumption is that when the front is raised the rear is lowered by an equal amount. It would be pretty stupid to not do that in the automatic mode (but then again, so far I'm not overly impressed with the quality of LCI programming).

-Ken
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4