User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh Dangit... Now I want to do this...
    That sink will be a great addition to my teal shower mat and painted tile shower!
    Here we go... Mod #32 in 3 months.
    Geeeeez

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony - I want to thank your for the idea and very good instructions for this mod which I put on my 337 last evening. Not only did you spec very attractive fixtures, but they fit perfectly. When I first received the parts there was a down tube with the taps and I figured I'd have to return the one I ordered. But closer inspection found that the stock tube was for an overflow drain - you saved my bacon on that. My drain stack had enough slack that I didn't need the offset connector, but I did need the fittings so score another one for you. Nice job, thanks for sharing. I owe you a cold one. (I made serious points with the DW for doing this mod.)
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am glad it worked out for you, but I don’t get all the credit. The Barbara did all the research and ordering of parts. She also did the write up. I was the labor portion of this mod.

I am happy your DW approves!!!!

Tony P
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to bring Barbara's participation to Jean's attention. Perhaps I can get a little more help on these projects. Thanks for pointing that out, too.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are doing this today. As Rob (Cate&Rob) pointed out, it was just a matter of time before the water heater pressure makes the soft hose leak at connections. We joined the “leaky soft hose club” this spring while camping. Found the sink and faucet at Lowe’s. We are putting in pex (1’ hot, 1’ cold, 1’ cold to the outside, quick-connect beside the water heater). Seems silly that they just had to use short pieces of soft hose that would eventually fail, but I don’t feel too bad about having to do it because the thin, plastic sink had stress cracks at the drain. I discovered the cracks after installing a light in the cabinet under the sink. Just wondering how long it will be before we have to do the same thing to the shower faucet and kitchen sink.
    Off to fetch the jigsaw. Pics later.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great addition to my list of mods to do! I really don’t like the factory sink. Thanks for the idea. Great job!
    Vince and Peg
    Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
    2017 Chevy Suburban Premier Edition w/max tow pkg.
    2018 GD Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did this mod as well. DW just loves the bigger sink and I like the fact that the new faucet doesn't squeak after a couple of week of camping.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our reasons for doing this were twofold: every time we turned on the water heater, we had to put a bucket under the soft hose attachment to the cold water faucet handle, and there were stress cracks in the thin plastic sink at the drain flange.

Applied painters tape to countertop to prevent chipping and taped down the sink template. The sink fit well at the front of the opening (from about 5-7 clockwise), so I put the cut-line right on that part of the opening. Probably cut more counter than needed at the back, but worried that the faucet nuts wouldn’t clear the countertop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	47AD0A4A-F6FB-4654-9F64-1962AB1C8EA6.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	926.9 KB 
ID:	20801

In all, there were 4 lengths of soft hose: main line from water panel (not doing anything with this right now), hot and cold supply to faucet (from pex off water heater to hot and from pex off supply line to cold), and, finally, a length from supply line to quick connect spray hose at the curbside rear of the trailer.

After we both struggled for several hours to work in the tight spaces, I cut out the luan divider between water heater/drawer area and under sink area-still tight, but workable. I can easily replace it, but for now we’re leaving it open because the water heater makes the drawer area too hot anyway. Finished and tested plumbing yesterday, and I finished drain and caulking this morning. We’ll put a water alarm under the one remaining soft hose supply line.

Name:	BF0F4AAA-7207-45C8-B0EB-B1E300F3A8F5.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	20802

Name:	038E5497-7CCC-4DBC-9393-9A59A45842A4.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	876.0 KB 
ID:	20803

Name:	4F4CF099-BAA6-43F1-A508-71B67C12DE54.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	788.5 KB 
ID:	20804

Couple ending thoughts.

This isn’t rocket science, but it does take a certain amount of precision, as threaded attachments need to line up relatively stress free because they’ll be rockin’ and rollin’ down the road.

When in doubt, splice in another piece of tubing, just make sure it’s pex.

Calibration of the pex crimping tool “ain’t no big thing”. It’s accomplished using a set screw on the crimping tool and a metal gauge included with the tool (sort of like gapping a spark plug, but instead of prying you use the screwdriver on the set screw). Of course, there’s a YouTube video, recommending you set the crimp opening to 1.3mm (why wouldn’t there be?).

Any job will end up taking 4x longer than you think it will.

Hope this helps everyone else who’s headed down this road.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of saw/blade are you using to cut the counter top?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    What type of saw/blade are you using to cut the counter top?
    12 TPI Plywood/Veneer in the jigsaw for the countertop, wood blade in the Rockwell for the cabinet divider. Bruce loves gift-giving holidays. I don’t want jewelry, I want power tools!!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast