User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy82 View Post
    As was once said on some news show, the name of which I don’t recall: “and now for the rest of the story”. Problem with forums is that the rest of the story always comes in pieces and unless you pay close attention, you never get the full story. Good info to have - thanks!
    Paul harvey radion broadcaster
    2019 Ram 3500 DRW
    2019 381M
    2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

Is GD looking into making a better protected wheel well? And an after market wheel well kit? We have a 2021 2600RB Imagine with (4) West Lake ST225/75R15 Load Range E and we want to get TPMS for them but we need to know the size of the rim hole. Does anyone know what that is?

Thanks

Kelsey

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
    Jim,

Is GD looking into making a better protected wheel well? And an after market wheel well kit? We have a 2021 2600RB Imagine with (4) West Lake ST225/75R15 Load Range E and we want to get TPMS for them but we need to know the size of the rim hole. Does anyone know what that is?

Thanks

Kelsey
    I wouldn’t trust those tires even with a tpms system. I know my rig is heavier than yours but my tpms gave no warning of the tire separating. The tires had very low mileage and were just over a year old when one failed and did considerable damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what everyone is telling me, get rid of them. So I guess Goodyear or ?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what everyone is telling me, get rid of them. So I guess Goodyear or ?
    Not even close to everyone is telling you that

The overwhelming majority of people run westlakes without an issue at all

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'm a gambling man as we have run the OEM Westlakes on our last 4 units with zero issues (knock on wood). Given their reputation, I do spend more time inspecting them before and after each trip as well as anytime I have to stop along the route I take a good look. We put 19K miles on one set of them to where they were nearly bald before we sold the trailer so I couldn't justify replacing them on our new trailer(s) given the luck I had with them. If I ever owned any of my trailers long enough to wear out a set of tires, the plan was to replace them with Goodyear's....

With all of that said, if GD or any manufacturer I was looking at buying offered another tire such as a Goodyear as a factory option when ordering, I would jump on it. I think that should be the key takeaway from this conversation. GD should give the buyers the option to pay a little extra and order their new unit regardless of whether it is a Solitude or a transcend, with something other than the Westlake tires. This puts the decision in the buyers hands....some may choose to save a few dollars on the purchase price and go with the Westlakes.....this may make sense if you plan on driving it to a location and parking it for the next 5 years....Others may want to pay the extra up front for the peace of mind.

When we purchased our 2021 Imagine 2250RK we ordered one. However there is zero options available that you can order. Sure they list all of the packages (Peace of mind, Ultimate power, Four-Season protection) but none of them are optional.....it is a marketing gimmick. The only option available on my unit was to put a Theatre Dinette IPO Booth Dinette. No option to upgrade any of the roof vents/fans or second AC, dual pane windows, slide awning, heated tanks, etc....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavysledz View Post
    With all of that said, if GD or any manufacturer I was looking at buying offered another tire such as a Goodyear as a factory option when ordering, I would jump on it. I think that should be the key takeaway from this conversation. GD should give the buyers the option to pay a little extra and order their new unit regardless of whether it is a Solitude or a transcend, with something other than the Westlake tires. This puts the decision in the buyers hands....some may choose to save a few dollars on the purchase price and go with the Westlakes.....this may make sense if you plan on driving it to a location and parking it for the next 5 years....Others may want to pay the extra up front for the peace of mind.
    GD did offer an upgrade uption on tires at one time for the Solitude line. No credit for the Westlake opted out of and the cost was far higher than buying tires once you took the unit home so not enough took the option so they discontinued it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    GD did offer an upgrade uption on tires at one time for the Solitude line. No credit for the Westlake opted out of and the cost was far higher than buying tires once you took the unit home so not enough took the option so they discontinued it.
    That's disappointing to hear.....
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,

Thanks

Kelsey
    I don't see where anyone answered you. The correct size should be .453". At least on my 16" wheels it is. That is the standard size and the size your 15" wheel should be. The next size up it .624" and is usually reserved for heavy duty type vehicles/equipment.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not bashing any tire brand, but I saw this Facebook post recently. If this i true, it is a game changer. The fact that he documented a phone number makes it worth a look if anyone has trailer damage due to a defect in their tires.

BIG NEWS. if you buy Goodyear tires and they blow due to a defect and not running over something then Goodyear will cover damage to rv. I called 800-782-7049 which is Goodyear’s rv tire department.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast