User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide-Out Actuator Shaft Wiper Seal Out of Place

Spent the last few days checking out our 303RLS systems in preparation for hitting the road full-time at end of next month. Noticed something unusual under the street-side slide-out today, as shown in photo. Could not find this topic mentioned before in searching for various related keywords. This is a Lippert electric through-frame slide.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Driver side actuator and shaft-seal is in middle of shaft.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	12266
    Looks like a rubber wiper seal that is supposed to fit over the end of the outer slide actuator shaft and wipe dirt and dust off the inner shaft as it is retracted has come off the end of the tube, and is travelling along the inner shaft for the ride each time it is extended and retracted. Can't find this part specifically mentioned or illustrated in the Lippert Master Towables Manual or various Lippert on-line manuals and tech sheets, but by process of elimination, I'm 99% certain this is what it is.

Problem is, the end of the outer actuator shaft where this seal would have to slip over is pretty far back under the coroplast, which would require me to cut it/remove it to get access to try to slip it over the end of the tube...with no assurance that it will stay there. (That job would be made even more complicated by the obstructing hydraulic tubing lines for the disc brakes I had installed at a rally at end of last Fall... hah- no good deed shall go unpunished!) By comparison, the equivalent seal on the curb-side slide actuator shaft is reachable, just inside the frame opening.

I am able to gently push it back pretty far in using a wooden yardstick, but wiring and other unseen obstructions prevent me from getting it all the way back against the end of the tube, and it comes back out again upon extending the slide-out.

There should be minimal dirt and dust collecting on the actuator shaft inside/under the coroplast, and I can manually clean off and lightly lubricate the exposed length of the inner shaft prior to retracting at the end of a campground stay, so I think I can manage it without needing to do some major disassembly and disruption of my brake lines. But, curious if anyone has seen this before and experienced any bad outcomes from it, and/or repaired it.

Thanks,
    Norm
    ============
    Norm and Mary Ann

2017 F-350 Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW Diesel, Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Kit
    2017 Reflection 303RLS, Nov. 2016 Build
    Andersen Ultimate 3220 Hitch

Full-Timing as of June 2018!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same issue on my 2017
    303rls. Did you find a solution? And if so , what was it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thought I would never get a comment on this issue!
    Anyway, I still have this issue, but it has been a non-problem. I inspect the shafts periodically and manually clean off any dirt and re-lubricate them, and have no apparent problems as result...for now. Also had a GD tech look at briefly at a rally last year, and he basically said same thing...clean and lubricate.

So far, so good...
    ============
    Norm and Mary Ann

2017 F-350 Crew Cab, Long Bed, SRW Diesel, Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Kit
    2017 Reflection 303RLS, Nov. 2016 Build
    Andersen Ultimate 3220 Hitch

Full-Timing as of June 2018!