User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: up grade tires

up grade tires

Has anyone upgraded tires on their RV tires yet? Im running 235/80/r16 and thinking of going to a little better tire and or 17.5. any thoughts?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the Westlake tires with Michelin XPS ribs, LT 235/85/R16. LT tires have a maximum speed of 75 mph instead of the ST tires which are 65 mph. Which trailer do you have?

The Michelin tires are slightly larger, but not a problem. Made in Northern Ireland instead of China. I bought them from Discount Tires which seem to be everywhere and much easier to find one for service.
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

379fl and I want to get some tires I don't have to worry about. There is a couple of inches to work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have BF Goodrich load range E on ours. I did check the codes and they are American made. A Michelin company. We did have a blowout and they covered all the damage, replaced all four tires without question. They paid to ship the blown tire back. There was a recall on them we were unaware of. While bad things can happen on American tires the fact it was taken care of makes me a Michelin customer. There on everything I own now.

Part of the deal we made was to have the tires on my current 5w transferred to the new one.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mtpocket,

You may want to check with your dealer on the tire options for the Solitudes. We are in the process of picking up our 2015 Solitude 305, ( within a week ), and a tire upgrade has recently been offered on that model. The tire offered is a Goodyear, load range G. The only drawback is that they are produced in China.

Janet and Gordon Fuchs
    Northfield Center Twp.
    Ohio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gordofuchs
    That is a huge drawback for me. The made in China part that is. My tires are less than 1 year old and made in America thats why I want to keep them. Reading around the forums the Goodyears have just as many issues as the other tires made in China. I would bet that they are made at the same plants that make the other tires just stamped with a different name. I have heard some Goodyear trailer tires are made in America but the ones in stock locally were made in China. Most tire stores around here will not guarantee that you wont get a tire made in China. A couple went so far as to call the warehouse and verify that the tires on hand were made in China. All this was a year ago and Goodyear may have moved production back here.

If the Goodyears are made in America then I would applaud Grand Design for offering that option. I think good, reliable tires should be standard rather than an option.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just looking up information on the Michelin XPS ribs, LT 235/85/R16. It looks to me like the load range isn't enough for the Solitude 369FL. Or was I reading the chart wrong?
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

What about 7.50 16 ? I think 14 ply

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsport View Post
    I was just looking up information on the Michelin XPS ribs, LT 235/85/R16. It looks to me like the load range isn't enough for the Solitude 369FL. Or was I reading the chart wrong?
    You are reading correct. The Rib is a perfect tire for 6K axels, 7K need a heavier capacity tire. G614 would be a great choice for the Solitude.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to update the information relative to the Goodyear tire upgrade on the 2015 Solitudes. They are LT 235x85x16 inch tires, and they ARE ACTUALLY STAMPED, MADE IN THE USA. My thanks to whomever made that happen at Grand Design.

Gordon Fuchs
    Northfield Center
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by gordofuchs View Post
    Mtpocket,

You may want to check with your dealer on the tire options for the Solitudes. We are in the process of picking up our 2015 Solitude 305, ( within a week ), and a tire upgrade has recently been offered on that model. The tire offered is a Goodyear, load range G. The only drawback is that they are produced in China.

Janet and Gordon Fuchs
    Northfield Center Twp.
    Ohio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast