User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spray connection rear of trailer

Our 2018 28BH has a port on the passenger rear to hook the spray hose. Here is the problem. The connector must have a check valve in it. Once the trailer was hooked to city water I could not connec the hose to the quick connect fitting. Shut down city water supply and sleet pressure off at kitchen sink. Still could not push in coupler. Was able to push coupler in with Phillips screwdriver to relieve the pressure then the coupler would,attach. Disconnected hose turned water back on and tried to connecte. I was again unable to hook it up. Anyone had this problem? Resolution from GD?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the exact same issue. I just push it in like you stated with a pointed object and then it works fine.

Jim

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similar connector on a 2013 Jayco for the outside sink. Same issue.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I hook mine up when there is no pressure in lines, otherwise forget it....
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get the quick connect hose attached to the rear spray port with no problem; I just can't get any water to flow back there. Is there a valve hidden somewhere that I need to turn on? The quick connect hose works fine when attached to the front spray port at the universal docking station in the front pass-through storage compartment.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn’t any other valve on mine. Are you sure your connector is pushed all the way in? If it is, I can’t think of any other ideas.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to get the sprayer connected to either of the ports. The one on the rear is hardest because it is recessed into the wall, making it hard to get a grip on the collar to push it back. The inside one is easier, but still difficult.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swunderle View Post
    Our 2018 28BH has a port on the passenger rear to hook the spray hose. Here is the problem. The connector must have a check valve in it. Once the trailer was hooked to city water I could not connec the hose to the quick connect fitting. Shut down city water supply and sleet pressure off at kitchen sink. Still could not push in coupler. Was able to push coupler in with Phillips screwdriver to relieve the pressure then the coupler would,attach. Disconnected hose turned water back on and tried to connecte. I was again unable to hook it up. Anyone had this problem? Resolution from GD?
    Swunderle,
    These fittings are recessed and difficult to plug into under the best conditions. The fittings do have check valves which seal under spring pressure but also under water pressure which can make connecting even more difficult. I always turn off my pump or turn off the city water, bleed off the pressure then plug in the hose. Vegetable oil or CRC Food Grade Silicone will also lube up the fitting to make this process easier.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem on my 2018 295RS
    No water
    Have you figured out the problem yet
    If so can you let me know the fix
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure if everyone knows but a common mod for the 2800 is to install a dual faucet back there since the hot water tank is right beside it and is easy to plumb. Just need to replace the existing with one of these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-1678-2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	13373

One of my projects this summer, had a friend with and older 2800 do it already and it’s great!

—-

EDIT: And I’m a dummy... 28BH does not equal 2800BH. So not sure if this still applies but I imagine (aha! See what I did there) it would. It’s so much nice to have hot water for rinsing dishes or other stuff outside.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast