Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    Yeah but I also think it is crazy that the bars are only 100 under the whole unit. Wish they were closer to 150max. For 260 I'll just keep the 1000#ers since they work and are within specs.
    Wow - I can't find a complete Blue Ox hitch package for less than $600.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well slap me sideways, you are correct. I totally remembered that wrong. I looked at my order history and I paid 509 for mine.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jyork08854 View Post
    Based on comments we found in this forum, we bought the Blue Ox Swaypro 1000S for our 2800BH. We got the S model because it had a longer shank and we have a gas 2017 F-250 with the FX4 off-road package.
    Me too, great info!

‘17 F-250 6.7L Diesel Lariat 4x4 LBCC towing ‘18 GD 2800BH
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Andersen no sway we love it so easy to look and in hook work grate .we tow with 2013 silverado 1500 .the weight well ballance front and rare on the truck
    Ethan and Kat.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Joe, On our Equalizer, the dealer set it up with the standard 4 washers on the head stud. I found when measuring the front fender gap as described in the hitch manual 6 washers were better for our specific rig at moving more weight to the front axle and applying more down force to the RV tongue "L" brackets giving more sway control.
    Steve,

Any concerns about adding too much angle to the hitch head? I guess as long as you don't exceed 8 washers it's not a problem with the Equal-i-zer hitch?
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    Steve,

Any concerns about adding too much angle to the hitch head? I guess as long as you don't exceed 8 washers it's not a problem with the Equal-i-zer hitch?
    Hi Joe, No concerns about head angle. Correct 8 washers is the max. I read through the hitch manual several times to fully understand how it works and noted in my manual all the measurements I took like for front fender to tire gap so I would have a baseline. I check all the nuts on the hitch to make sure they are still tight, especially the nut on the ball. they have never come loose but I check them anyway.
    I think you said you got the 1200/12000, that should be good for you rig.

I like the Equalizer hitch, it works great for our rig with the 4 point sway control integrated. Yes it does creek and groan a little. I just keep it lubed in the right places. I'll check out the nylon pieces you spoke about, could make it even better.

When I pull my 20 foot enclosed car trailer rated at 10,000 # I use a hitch very similar to the Blue Ox and like it as well.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

I like the Equalizer hitch, it works great for our rig with the 4 point sway control integrated. Yes it does creek and groan a little. I just keep it lubed in the right places. I'll check out the nylon pieces you spoke about, could make it even better.

Spoke to Equalizer about the Sway Bracket Nylon Jacket. It goes on the "L" brackets and is used to "silence" the creaking and groaning heard by the lift bars sliding on the steel "L" brackets. they say using the nylon jackets "slightly" reduces the friction of the bar sliding on the "L" bracket but does not affect the friction of the bars mounted to the head. Of course one could deduce that it slightly reduces the sway control since it slightly reduces the friction on the "L" bracket. I'll put up with the creaking noise it occasionally makes, thank you.

I suppose that is where the Blue Ox has an advantage over the Equalizer, the chains wrap around the tensioners so there are no bars sliding against L brackets to make noise. Also you can change the tension on the lift bars easier on the Blue Ox by adding another chain link if your tongue weight changes too much, instead of removing the Equalizer L brackets and re-positioning them. But then again now that I have my Equalizer hitch setup correctly for a pretty static tongue weight, I dont need to change the adjustment of the L brackets. I dont intend to ever travel with a full fresh water holding tank, maybe just a few gallons so my tongue weight will not change that much.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reese Steadi-Flex for the ease of install and little to no maintenance at all.
    2019 Imagine 3000QB
    2018 Imagine 2800BH (SOLD)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    By any chance have you obtained your the tongue weight of your 2800BH when loaded for the road? On our Reflection 297RSTS, it's much heavier than I would have ever guessed. Around 1,500# when fully loaded.

Jim
    We have just started towing. (4 trips to date). Haven't weighed it yet. May do so at the Indiana rally.
    Wanda & Jim and Tedi Doodles
    2020 Reflection 337 rls
    2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirugger View Post
    I pick up my 2800bh next week. I drive a ‘17 F-250 6.7l diesel, 4x4 crew cab, with the 20” wheels. Seems like it’s a lot taller in the back than my last 250 (8 years ago). Question: what sway control weight distribution hitch should I buy? I know I’m going to need to be able to lower ball mount to get level but wondering if anyone else has any advice? Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've had no issues with the Equalizer brand hitch. I use the nylon pads under the torsion bars and its very quiet. Zero sway issues.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast