User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2800BH Sway Control Weight Dist hitches: What are y’all using??? And do you like it?

I pick up my 2800bh next week. I drive a ‘17 F-250 6.7l diesel, 4x4 crew cab, with the 20” wheels. Seems like it’s a lot taller in the back than my last 250 (8 years ago). Question: what sway control weight distribution hitch should I buy? I know I’m going to need to be able to lower ball mount to get level but wondering if anyone else has any advice? Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a huge fan of my BlueOx but it is the only WDH I have owned and this is my first trailer.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    I am a huge fan of my BlueOx but it is the only WDH I have owned and this is my first trailer.
    Thank you, any info is helpful!

Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue Ox as long as the setup is good, it can make a world of difference if not. Make sure the trailer is level to the ground when towing and putting the chain on the proper link

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out my web page on the blue ox SwapPro at http://www.klenger.net/sway-pro.html

I have a picture showing the rise/drop of two of the shanks.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I negotiated the Blue Ox Sway Pro and installation into my sales agreement. I’ve only pulled with it one time, but it was rock solid during the hour of freeway travel I had.

2018 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
    2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 5.7L Hemi with 3.92 Gears

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another Blue Ox fan with my 297RSTS.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not had a chance to check out the Blue Ox but with my last bumper pull I used the Equal-I-Zer hitch and it worked well while easy to connect and disconnect.

https://www.equalizerhitch.com/
    We started with a old 24ft stick and tin in 2006, then purchased our first new trailer in 2013 with an Ecplise 23SCG thinking this would be our last trailer. That was until we unexpectedly took in a family members children on top of the 3 we had, so we now have 1 biological and 4 adopted children for a total of 5 children. So here we are, just purchased a new 2018 Momentum 388M to keep our sanity with seven people and two 100 lb dogs. We like primarily dry camping in the forest but try to take the children every summer for a 2-4 week adventure showing them different parts of the country. Thanks to my job as a Paramedic Firefighter I get to spend a lot of time camping with the children throughout the year.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Equal-i-zer 10,000lb/1000lb WDH. It does a great job of distributed weght and controlling sway. I don't even notice any sway when large trucks pass me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our RV we use the Equalizer 1400 and it works great. I used the Equalizer 1000 on the RV but it was too light so we upgraded to the 1400.
    On my 20 foot tandem axle enclosed car trailer which is rated to haul 10,000 pounds I use a hitch similar to the Blue Ox with leveling bars / chains and additional separate friction sway bar. It also works great.

The key is getting the hitch setup correctly no matter which one you use.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast