Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread68 View Post
    Using a tripod on the pinbox was zero value to my units since my pinbox is a TrailAir w/air bag and shock for vertical dampening.
    Retread68 - Good point. The tripod is not going to work nearly as well if you have any kind of cushioning built into the pinbox.

As a side comment . . . I am amazed at how much the pinbox and front of trailer frame flex if all the pin weight is taken by the solid tripod. This would happen whenever you hitch to the truck . . . you just can't see it as the truck suspension absorbs way more than this flex.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes sense that the tripod would not work with the TrailAir pinbox.

For those with a rigid pinbox it would seem that the BAL Fastjack would offer some benefits. This particular tripod has ratchets at each leg that you use to to put tension on the legs and supposedly it takes some pressure of the front leveling arms. This seems to be an advantage over some of the other tripod designs since with this tripod the legs are fully activated. Has anyone used the BAL?

https://www.amazon.com/BAL-R-V-Produ.../dp/B01B7Z9I2C
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had the Steadyfast system on our last 2 units (OR Travel trailer and our 337 - same set actually) and it works great. Takes 85% of the bounce out and I agree the ease of set up is nice. We are on a summer site about 7 months with a couple of trips thrown in early and late season so I decided to buy a tri-pod last year to see if I could eliminate even more of the bounce. Found a BAL brand on CL that was super heavy duty and try it for a coupe of weekends. Now the DW is very weigh footed but I couldn't tell any different with the tri pod, in fact I threw it back on CL and got our money back. I definitely couldn't imagine storing and taking one up & down on short trips. For the money, customer service (Hanscom Enterprises are great folks), and ease of installation, I think the Steadyfast is the best buy out there.
    Del & Vickie
    2016 Reflection 337
    2015 GMC Denali 3500HD w/Hips - 4WD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say: "With my particular Reflection 337 the spare tire did have to be moved due to the placement of the Steadyfast bracket/arm being just behind the rear 4-pt leveling legs which put it almost dead center of the spare tire OEM position." Where did you move your spare tire to? Still underneath? What was the process?
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Kansan - This is what I got for the spare tire on my 337. BAL 28218 Hide-A-Spare Tire Storage-I-Beam Underslung Mount.
    Moved the spare tire rearward about 10" to give clearance for the crossing stabilizer arm. Works great.
    Retread
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THank you for that info. We're still pondering at this point.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we are considering the same purchase decision and the OP is thinking, perhaps I can continue the questioning.

I was hoping to get something that didn’t require drilling if possible. Do either of these systems install without drilling on a 2021 31MB?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe they both require drilling. However as they are only really used when stationary, you might be able to rig up a beam clamp for the frame end.
    https://www.unistrut.us/products/1-5...ng/beam-clamps
    https://www.unistrut.us/product-details/p1272s
    https://www.unistrut.us/product-details/p2788
    https://www.haydoncorp.com/catalog/product/c-406
    https://www.industrialhardware.com/h...el-e-g-zp.html
    https://www.beamclamp.com/connection...ts-detail.html

Lots of possible options.

Give Steadyfast a call and talk with the owner - he has probably done this or might have information on it.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the JT Strong Arm on our 5er. As stated, you have to drill holes, does have "T" handles that have to be loosened/tightened befor/after use, and yes the added weight could be a consideration. However, our JT's improved the stability as stated by 90%+.

Our 5er has the 4 point auto leveling system. We installed both front and rear JT stabilizers (on front landing gear/rear scissor jacks) using angled steel supports bolted from side to side under the frame for both inner front and rear stabilizer connections. On the rear, we were able to clear the spare tire location with the angle steel for future access. And yes, this added a little more weight as well. But also added more stability and solid mounting locations for the stabilizers. Have no bending in the front storage compartment were we secured thru the angle steel and storage compartment floor with the JT connection bolts.

Also as stated from others, you can still feel some vibration when others walk but its VERY limited when all jacks are down, scissors jacks deployed, and JT's are locked.

As for install, was fairly easy. If one has some mechanical skills, drill, bits, circular saw (for angle steel) and a little pre-planning, its a piece of cake.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12