User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AmandaEthan
    We decided against the slide toppers when we bought our 303 because we had never owned a camper with slides and thought maybe they were trying to get us to buy something that wasn't necessary and now we regret it. Thankfully we haven't had any problems with the slides yet but we are always constantly worried if debri has fallen on the slides when we go to pull them in and it's a pain to climb on top of the camper to check. We are going to purchase them soon though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Art, I will check Truck Spring site out. Mike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amanda, that's what I was wondering about....I thought I might have it taken care of prior to picking the rig up. Thank you.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you have to go topside to make sure that nothing has fallen on the topper anyway ?

Gord Fuchs
    Northfield Center
    Ohio

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slide toppers will eliminate that annoying pounding on the roof when it rains (dining table or recliner/theater seating), can get quite loud. You do not have to worry about debris due to the way they roll up when bringing in the slides. They roll towards the outside wall of the slide (this is where the roller is mounted). Debris and water (you don't want to stand near the outside wall if someone is retracting unless you want a shower) will simply flow off as the slide enters the trailer. Nothing will come inside. Now without the toppers, debris will accumulate on top and get under the seals and be inside your trailer. I picked up my 303 prior to having the toppers installed (they were on order along with a bedroom A/C) and went camping over spring break. First few days were beautiful, then the last storm of winter hit. Wind, rain, cold. Did not get up and look prior to pulling in slides due to my back went out on last day there. When I got it home, opened her up and a few days later got a ladder out. Lots of small sticks, twigs, pine needles stuck on top of slides, some of the debris had caught under the top seal. Had to get all that stuff out, brought slides back in. Now trailer is at dealer getting all my add-ons installed, at least I won't have those issues again. BTW, my previous trailer had a topper on it, that is why I ordered them for my new 303. Just my luck I wanted to go camping before the items got here.
    Don & Judy
    Charlotte - SPCA Special

2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 F350 Dually CC LB 6.7L

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are some benefits to living in Arizona. Most of the places we camp don't have trees taller than the Reflection! So no slide toppers needed here...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Luckeyd1 (Don) that's very good information@!

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A triple congrats for you and your wife!!

No toppers on our 303, we debated and decided to not get them. Some say they are noisy in the wind and others say they are quiet. We didn't have toppers on the last trailer either and only had a small handfull of times stuff came inside from ontop.
    We pack an electric leaf blower and will blow off the slides if it's needed. Gary picked up a
    neat compact folding ladder to get to the tops when necessary without having to climb on the roof.
    For now we did not add the 2nd AC, but did add a fantastic fan to the vent in the bedroom and the vent in the kitchen area, the kitchen one is remote controlled. If we find the 2nd AC is needed it can always be added later.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Marcy, I appreciate the link to the ladders - I even shared it with my son that in the mobile detail business! The fantastic fan appears to be a good idea as well. I wonder why Grand Design doesn't just include those, a lot of TT have them. Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12