User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    RetArmyMSG

Fireplace problem

Got up this morning to turn on the fireplace and it started making a horrible sound. The heater portion is working fine but it looks like the sound is coming from whatever device makes the "flames" operate. Im guessing the flames are operated by some type of rolling device and to me it looks like that roller may have got disconnected somehow. Anyone had this problem or have any advice. I wanted to post before I try to figure out how to take the front cover off.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could the noise you're mentioning be from the circulation fan in the fireplace. I haven't look to see how the front of the fireplace come apart but it shouldn't be too difficult to access the fan.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

RetArmyMSG
    Just in case anyone else has this problem. The outer frame of the fireplace slides straight up. Once off there are 4 screws that hold the fireplace in place. Once those are removed you can pull it straight out. There is a panel on the back that is held on with 2 screws....this is where the 3 light bulbs are...there is also a metal bar that has what looks like tin foil on it (when this rotates you get the "flames" ) It seems for some reason that bar got jarred lose. once back in place problem solved. Dave the circulation fan is on the top of the fireplace....once the outer frame is removed you can see it. Mine was good to go but thanks for the idea.