User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klenger View Post
    I've come up with a pretty clever modification using a Honeywell analog T-Stat mounted on the side of the island. I'm in the process of getting a web page together with the details.
    Looking forward to reading about this mod.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I've seen a couple of people here saying that the AC is more effective when set to LO than to HI. They speculate that HI moves too much air too quickly for the device to get cold enough and the air to cool enough.

I'm just the messenger and don't remember who deserves credit (or blame!) for this idea but it's simple enough to try.
    I made the comment that we find that the cooling "feels better" on the lower fan speeds because the air is colder coming out of the vents even though there is less of it. This is definitely a subjective thing because the amount of cooling will be the same as on a higher fan speed. Our thermostat is in the hallway to the bedroom and seems to do a good job of measuring average trailer temperature. We have only the one original Atwood rear AC.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I made the comment that we find that the cooling "feels better" on the lower fan speeds because the air is colder coming out of the vents even though there is less of it. This is definitely a subjective thing because the amount of cooling will be the same as on a higher fan speed. Our thermostat is in the hallway to the bedroom and seems to do a good job of measuring average trailer temperature. We have only the one original Atwood rear AC.

Rob
    I think as the air moves slower over the cooling fins it gets a more complete transfer of heat, and the longer it is exposed to the cold coils the more condensation will occur on those coils so it will dehumidify better.

I once had a guy who sells central AC units for homes tell me to get the best results from an AC to not get one that is too big, if your requirements fall between two sizes get the smaller one. The unit will run for longer cycles which will more thouroughly condition the air and you will be more comfortable. A unit too large will give a blast of cold air, then shut down for while and repeat. Constant cycling is harder on the motors too.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    I think as the air moves slower over the cooling fins it gets a more complete transfer of heat, and the longer it is exposed to the cold coils the more condensation will occur on those coils so it will dehumidify better.
    DougW9876 - This makes sense. When we run the AC fan on lower speed the air coming out feels colder and the trailer feels more comfortable even though our indoor temp thermometer does not say that it is any cooler inside than when on the higher fan speed . . . but the lower humidity must be what makes it feel cooler. Good point!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same with our a/c’s - they do a good job of cooling the camper, but they are loud. There’s no way you are going to sleep in the bedroom with the second a/c running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123