User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    sjegee1

Question Front cap fading, cracking, and bubbling

I am very concerned about the front cap on our Solitude 369. During our travels, we stopped by our dealership to show them a few issues, so they could submit them for warranty, and then tell us when the parts come in. I showed the Service Manager the fading and cracking and then he noticed the bubbles in the front cap in multiple places. The photographer for the service dept was off that day, so they asked me to try to get some photos of the issues. Well, that is not working out, the shiny areas just reflect the clouds in the sky or me. I got a couple, but the bubbles are difficult to photograph. We also have a crack on the front facing area under the front cap, where the front storage door is. The crack starts on the left, goes to the light switch, continues on after the switch goes to the door, then starts back up on the other side of the door and goes all the way to the right. It looks like a seam of some sort. There are a few areas that have an extra feathering of cracks. Kinda scared about this now, why would this be cracking? I can run my fingernail across it and feel the crack.

The photos:
    The third photo, zoom in on the curve,see the cracks, the fading is showing in it too, that's not clouds to the right of the cracks. The clouds are in the very top....(this is the side of the front cap, but it turned sideways when I uploaded it)

The second photo shows a crack line like a seam from left to right, this is to the right of the storage area.

The first photo, zoom in on the light switch, see the crack on the left and right of the light switch.

How will these get repaired if the photos don't show all the issues very well? And what is wrong with our fifth wheel?

Thanks, Jeanette
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg