User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    The trim piece above the fireplace is on hinges & will pull down. I put my sound bar in there drilled a small hole in the panel in front of the TV (it is very thin). There is a plug for the TV & plugged sound bar there.
    The trim piece needs to be down when you are using the sound bar, but it is out of sight when not watching the tube...keep the remotes in there also so I can actually find them.
    What brand is your soundbar?
    2013 Ram 2500 CC,SB, 2018 Solitude 310GK, Andersen Ultimate2

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by torch1972 View Post
    What brand is your soundbar?
    It's a Vizio. I pulled it out of our last trailer that had those sets in it. There is another thread on here that I got the idea from. It was a fancier install with mounting brackets, I just used velcro strips to keep it from shifting during travel & I probably will upgrade at a later date.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by torch1972 View Post
    What sound bar and how did you mount it?Did you drill a hole thru for the HDMI cable? I was going to mount mine on top in front of the tv but that might block the picture a tad.
    My install was a bit different.
    I drilled a large ~ 1" hole behind the sound bar for cable routing (HDMI and Power). I used a computer cable grommet to clean it up, though it is covered by the sound bar anyhow. Note, this area is crazy thick... don't have exact measurements, but roughly 1-1/2" thick. I was surprised and a bit concerned as the bit continued to cut... LOL.

This provided access to a shallow area between the outer wood and an inner panel that covers up the backside of the fireplace.
    I cut another hole in this thinner board, but much further to the left, so the HDMI and power cables wouldn't interfere with the TV motion. I used some fish tape to rout the cables between the holes I cut.

To mount the sound bar,
    I used two L brackets; I think they were 2 1/2". They were slightly larger than the distance between the upper and lower molding pieces. I cut this to fit between the pieces and the bracket had a countersunk hole that was just above the height of the soundbar. Just happened to work perfectly.
    The soundbar had two threaded holes on the bottom. I found screws that fit, drilled countersunk holes in the bottom portion of the L bracket and attached.

Then mounted the bracket to the cabinet. The wood is thick, so plenty of grab.

Material Used:
    Grommet (this is only an example, not the exact one I used): https://www.amazon.com/Black-Desk-Gr.../dp/B000M4XVKU
    L-Bracket (This is NOT the one I used, but similar. Measure first!) http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...255030.1306502
    Sound Bar: Samsung 450 series
    My apologies in advance for the crude pictures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sound Bar 1.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	13243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HDMI Routing.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	13244
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up installing a JBL 2.1 soundbar and wireless sub behind the recliners. The JBL came with small brackets that were easily mounted. Sounds good. Now just have to figure out why my zone B speakers don't work
    2013 Ram 2500 CC,SB, 2018 Solitude 310GK, Andersen Ultimate2

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I successfully snaked an HDMI from the upper cabinet to the TV. I have instructions with pictures. If you are interested, contact me at [email protected] and I'll send them to you.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gahatt View Post
    I successfully snaked an HDMI from the upper cabinet to the TV.
    I did this as well. It was easy and only took a few minutes. There is a chase at the left rear of the cabinet that runs directly between the two (upper and lower). I suggest a fish tape of some sort, or pull the existing one back (with a string) and tie the new one to it and pull both back through. Gahatt documented it, so I would check out what he has if you are unsure.
    Ran a new HDMI cable for the Sony Blue-Ray, placed on the shelf above the existing stock unit.
    Unplugged the existing HDMI cable from the stock player and used it for my Roku, placed on the same shelf.
    Works fine. Just be careful not to use a short HDMI cable. Leave plenty of room for the TV to go up and down without snagging the cable.
    I considered a switch, but wanted to do everything by remote because I am lazy when in front of the TV.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12