Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris and Debbie - where do you get trailer tires?? Can we go to an "American Tire" company??

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris and Debbie - I also wanted to add that as your's is being constructed, I'm sure you will not have as many issues as we had. Ours was also made earlier in their production - and I'm sure they've ironed out some of the kinks by now! Good luck - let us know how things go!

Eunice and Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDH
    I dont know about an "American Tire Company". The Michelin and BF Goodrichs were made in America last I looked. The BF Goodrichs were the recommended tire across different forums when I bought mine. We purchased from a smaller company that did fleet work and also industrial tires. My experience is you're not going to get the help you need at Walmart or similar chains. Stick with the smaller company. If when you call they start in with we only carry or you cant do that move on. Anybody that does a lot of RV's and knows tires will understand your request to replace the China Bombs and accommodate you. When we did have an issue on the road even though a large chain carried the tire that was recalled they said they wouldn't help because we didnt buy the tires from them. Thanks uncle Sam, and not the one with the big red white and blue hat if you know what I mean. The smaller guy stepped up, got replacement tires, handled the warranty and even called one of there commercial customers to see if he minded waiting until we were taken care of. That wont happen at a large chain for the most part. Youre just going to have to make some calls. All tires are stamped with codes that have country codes in them. The only way to know for sure youre getting what is expected is to decipher those codes yourself. Ask to see them before they loosen one lug nut and verify. A internet search will give you the super secret decoder info you need.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put Michelin XPS ribs on my 337. These tires were made in Northern Ireland. I purchased them from Discount Tires because they have locations all over. I have been buying tires for cars and trucks from them for years and they have always been great to deal with.
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tire codes:

harriger.com/tire5.htm
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all! Great info!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just made an appointment at the local Firestone store to get 4 new Bridgestone Duravis R250 put on our trailer. We priced the Michelin XPS Ribs, but decided on $600 less for 4 comparable tires. We had a blowout on our B/F Goodrich Commercial T/As -- looks like tread separation - ours were the date of the tread separation recall but not the size. They had about 30K miles in 4 years. Bummer on the new trailer.

You can find lots of info on tires at tirerack.com.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all - just wanted to give everyone a quick update. GD was gracious enough to let us have our rig fixed at a really good local shop as opposed to going back to the awful dealer we bought it from. We are anxious to go on our next trip. GD stood by all of their promises to fix everything. My only design change would be to have the vent in the microwave over the stove vent to the outside (like in the Montana) as opposed to venting into the rig.

With everything being fixed, we are now simply waiting to get the missing manuals. I see some on the forum received the manuals via a thumb drive - we have not. Still looking to change the tires - but that will be our cost. Just wanted all of you know that they stood behind their product - which says alot to me.

Happy trails all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really good news, EDH Speaks!
    Thanks for updating us.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We traded (gave away if you look at the #s) our 2011 Alpine... for 2 years we disliked the unit. Could write a book on all the things that were wrong or went wrong in 2 years. After researching several 5vrs, we chose the Grand Design because of their customer service and quality. Keystone has NO customer service and their quality is marginal - and the dealers get a bad name trying to keep them together. We love our Solitude 305RE and after 2 weeks it feels like home. Concerned about the tires (Westlake) on the Solitude after going thru 8 Towmax (Chinese) tires on the Alpine. Hope we don't see a lot of issues on damages/blow-outs...
    Larry & Mollie
    2014 Grand Design Solitude 305RE #425
    2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 quad cab
    Hometown - Slapout, Alabama
    Traveling for 4+ years

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast