Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mattress

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mattress

Hi Everyone! Mike and I bought a sleep number bed to replace the "brick" that came with our Solitude 305. We haven't replaced it yet though as I was worried about the ply-board foundation.... Do we need to do something to the corners & edges to soften the wood so that it won't tear into the mattress? I know that we have to drill into it for the tube thingys and the electric.... but any advice would be welcome.... Thank You!

We were supposed to pick up our unit on April 12th, but had to postpone because our granddaughter decided to get married before her fiance's enlistment date (May 5th).... so we did a whole lot of work to make a wedding happen... Well, we finally were able to pick our RV up on this last Monday and have been working to get it ready, unfortunately only to put it back in storage so Mike can go on a 10 day fishing trip to Canada May 15th.... Our shake down trip will have to be postponed until after Memorial Day.... which brings me to my second question....

Does the living/kitchen slide outs only work together or can you operate then separately? We have our unit parked in the street in front of our house and really don't want to open the slide out on the street if we can help it? Right now, they only open together... Is there some switch we can use to open them separately?

Thank you so much for your help! What a great Forum! See you all at the Rally in September!
    Darlene & Mike
    Mike & Darlene Brownstown, MI
    2014 305RL Solitude #1170
    2015 F350 6.7L Diesel Dually Ultimate Lariat FX4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Darlene, if there is a switch, it is hidden real well!

Steve

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is not a switch, but there are valves in the front compartment.

On the left side, behind the pump and tank are two black knobs. Those are valves that you can open and close to stop whichever slide you don't want to open.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Steve & Cill and huntr70! This helps so much! We will let you both know how it goes.... Happy Camping!

Mike & Dar
    Mike & Darlene Brownstown, MI
    2014 305RL Solitude #1170
    2015 F350 6.7L Diesel Dually Ultimate Lariat FX4