User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommendations for paint chips

Finally got a chance to wash a cross country trip of dirt off the camper. While rediscovering the nose cap, also discovered some chips in the black paint. Any suggested means of repairing these?

Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the full body paint on my Momentum, there were three little jars of touch up paint in a drawer. Barring finding those your dealer should be able to get you paint codes from GD, you may even be able to get them yourself. My dealer works with a local body shop that does custom paint for RV's, they were willing to mix up a little jar of paint for touch up.

I have found that oversized mud flaps help prevent road debris hitting the trailer.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I got the full body paint on my Momentum, there were three little jars of touch up paint in a drawer. Barring finding those your dealer should be able to get you paint codes from GD, you may even be able to get them yourself. My dealer works with a local body shop that does custom paint for RV's, they were willing to mix up a little jar of paint for touch up.

I have found that oversized mud flaps help prevent road debris hitting the trailer.
    I'm waiting for a call back from GD regarding some other issues, I'll have to see if I can get the codes at the same time. Had not thought about that. We are definitely needing to figure out some mud flaps, tires stick out further than our fender flares even do so may be a little challenge.

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if auto companies like drcolorchip can match that so long as you have the color code. Maybe one of those small airbrushes might work as well.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardqing View Post
    I'm waiting for a call back from GD regarding some other issues, I'll have to see if I can get the codes at the same time. Had not thought about that. We are definitely needing to figure out some mud flaps, tires stick out further than our fender flares even do so may be a little challenge.
    Let us know what you find from GD. I have quite a few chips on my Solitude including in the black. After I waxed it last week I took a Sharpie to it...almost looks ok
    Thanx

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardqing View Post
    Finally got a chance to wash a cross country trip of dirt off the camper. While rediscovering the nose cap, also discovered some chips in the black paint. Any suggested means of repairing these?

Did you ever find a good paint match? I have same issue, 312bhts as well. Would appreciate any info/update.
    Mike & Maggie
    Paige, Molly, Delaney & Bridget (yes, 4 daughters)
    Chocolate Lab - Seamus
    2019 312BHTS Reflection TT
    2017 F-250 Lariat SCREW Gasser 6.2L, SRW, shortbed
    14k Equal-I-Zer Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Maggie View Post
    Did you ever find a good paint match? I have same issue, 312bhts as well. Would appreciate any info/update.
    So far just hit them with a Sharpie.