User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reese Sidewinder pin box

Hitch question. Does anyone have a Reflection 5th and use a Reese airborne sidewinder pin box with a RAM 3500 sb with factory pucks? Curious at what hitch you are using and if it tows level? I do have the auto leveling rear suspension. So I h can lower the ride height if needed.

Also if you have pics of your 5th hooked up, that would help too.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess not considering no replies, Bumping this back up as I am potentially interested in this setup for my F350 SB CC

Setting Up Camp
    West Virginia and wherever I rest my head
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we pull a Reflection 320 MKS with Reese Sidewinder connected to a Ram 3500 long bed. When I hit the level button to level the truck, the bed lowers with the trailer hooked up.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Reese Sidewinder with a Reese hitch with my setup (posted below). Works well, and is level. As far as being level, mine is, but it will depend on your truck and its height.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Setting Up Camp
    West Virginia and wherever I rest my head
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I use the Reese Sidewinder with a Reese hitch with my setup (posted below). Works well, and is level. As far as being level, mine is, but it will depend on your truck and its height.
    I thought with the trailer pin weight pushing down on the truck rear suspension the leveling system would raise the back of the truck instead of lowering it to make the truck ride level. Our truck has a heavy suspension.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robhanshew View Post
    I thought with the trailer pin weight pushing down on the truck rear suspension the leveling system would raise the back of the truck instead of lowering it to make the truck ride level. Our truck has a heavy suspension.
    I don’t have the air suspension on my truck, so not sure how it works. I have read of some that leave it in the“alt”, but not sure if that is the solution. I usually am about 2800 lbs pin weight, and the truck rides level. I did put Tembrin’s on my truck, but it does not sit on them. They come into play on the bouncy roads.

Hopefully someone with the air suspension will join in.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles