Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The smell" solved

Howdy,

After about 10 minutes, when DW was washing dishes (something I strongly encourage when I cook) we noted a rancid smell. Blamed the AC to no avail.

Turns out, cheap roof vents/valves and some residue in the drain pipe cause the smell. Our Imagine 2600RB does not have AVV (air admittance valves) inside, still has roof vents/valves. There's an Amazon solution for that ('cause they were cheapest). Just ordered 3 of 360 Siphon Gen 2 valves. Easy install to retro fit new valves.

I figure, if one fails in 11 months, the other 2 may follow shortly.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several years ago this was a hot topic on the forum. AAV's were failing left and right, we figure the factory got a shipment of faulty valves. The big box stores must have had a run as we replaced the faulty ones and bought an extra for next time. Glad you figured it out right away.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    Several years ago this was a hot topic on the forum. AAV's were failing left and right, we figure the factory got a shipment of faulty valves. The big box stores must have had a run as we replaced the faulty ones and bought an extra for next time. Glad you figured it out right away.
    Tom, I'm glad too. GD makes the trailers at a value price point. There are items that are acceptable to many that I am inclined to upgrade. Too easy to swap out the caps at home than schedule the RV repair shop and wait and wait and wait.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><