User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    titrtyca
    Thanks for the sugestion. I have seen the air pressure systems on YouTube. Unfortunately not all repair facilities have or can afford them. This morning I sent a lengthly complaint through GD service website. We will await their response.

titrtyca
    I have contacted Grand Design RV Customer Service and have gotten a reply. They agree with the selling Dealer/Repair facility that pouring additional water over the RV is the best method to trace the problem, Needless to say I am very disgusted with GD at this time. It will be interesting on how or if GD can restore my trust in their reported Customer Service. My advice to all Grand Design Purchasers is to be sure you experience precipitation of have a pressure leak test conducted before your warranty expires. This is the second water leak we have experienced in 7 months of ownership. Although GD would never admit it I think there could be a design flaw or assembly issue.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great point about new stuff and dealing with issues, it's gonna happen. My experience so far has been outstanding customer service from Grand Design...unfortunately we are destined to deal with our local dealership, and so far they (Lazydays in Tucson) have not impressed me. Following a 23 day shake-down trip with our 2014 Reflection 337, we have noted several problems and will be depending on the dealership to resolve those issues...I will let you know how they do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CK2018 View Post
    Great point about new stuff and dealing with issues, it's gonna happen. My experience so far has been outstanding customer service from Grand Design...unfortunately we are destined to deal with our local dealership, and so far they (Lazydays in Tucson) have not impressed me. Following a 23 day shake-down trip with our 2014 Reflection 337, we have noted several problems and will be depending on the dealership to resolve those issues...I will let you know how they do!
    My advice to you is to stay on top of the situation at Lazy Days. They do good work but yiou have to stay on top of them and get everything in writ in that it is fixed and safe and there are no outstanding technical calls on your repair issues.

If you don't like the RV tech or Team manager ask to switch. Or better yet do escalate the situation as fast as you possibly can!!! And go as high as you can go to get a good tech and more importantly a proper resolution to your problem! Lazy Days are are so large that they forget about the customer (as in my case last May).

Their resources seem to be more committed to sales than after sales support. Furthermore, they are so large they can't keep track of the 250 bays and all of their staff. Their is obviously no process to assign temp staff to cover the staff going on vacation so work orders get lost in my case. Ands the most stupid thing of all is that no one picked up a telephone to call me and tell me there was a serious problem with my RV. I had to find out about it from the vendor because they were worried about me. Apparently Lazy Days forgot about me.

I am speaking from experience where after spending a week in their bays fixing several items, Lazy Days screwed me by not calling me to come back to fix the trailer that was now deemed unsafe to travel. It was later determined this happened because there was no one to take over the position of a staff member going on vacation. Once they finally realized what happened they found I left the repair facility and didn't call me even though I was still in the camp site next door. Before I left, the team leader had no response from the vendor (and no knowledge of what was going on behind the scene down the hall) and said "we would have been informed by now if the trailer was deemed unsafe to travels". Well, 2.5 weeks later and 1500 miles, I found out the trailer was not road worthy and to notify my insurance. I was now dead in the water. It was now unsafe to transport to a repair facility 100's miles away. Lazy Days did nothing to compensate me.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trailer not road worthy? Was that your Solitude 369RLS? 250 bays. I think their employees would get lost around there!
    GD says pour more water on it WOW! Does GD test these rigs before they send them out the door?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting water to a leaking trailer is one way to find out where the leak is. The damage is already done, so what can it possibly hurt?

The only other way to find a leak is to pressurize from the inside, and use water with soap to find the leaks. Not every dealer has such a device to do that.

GD does do random testing, every so many units. They can't possibly test every rig leaving their facility, or it would take a year to get your RV delivered to you.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many RV company's put their units threw a high rain storm water test for leaks before they leave the factory. Why should the new owners have to deal with this after they have taken ownership when it possibly could of been taken care of before we own them. It's very easy to talk about someone's else's water leaks. Just think how you would feel if it was your RV that had water leaks. I would be not happy and upset just like everyone else.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not saying it is acceptable, just stating the truth.

There is no RV company that puts every coach through a rain storm simulator.

They all do the same thing, and pull samples to test every so many units.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with you huntr70. The factories do not test EVERY aspect of EVERY system in EVERY rig. Add the fact that these rolling condos are bouncing and twisting their way down the road for many miles after they leave the factory, it's no wonder they have some issues. Granted, some issues are more annoying than others but they have issues. I've had my share. The dealers are there to resolve these issues with the support of the manufacturer. Some dealers do a really good job working these issues. Others couldn't find their @$$ with both hands... and some are in the middle somewhere. For me, one of the things that sets this company apart form most of the competition.... I have NEVER received better support from a MANUFACTURER than I have from Grand Design. I think many on this forum would agree.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

titrtyca
    UpDATE:

After a 2 hour drive to the Dealer. We left our new but water damaged Reflection 293RES. They should have it for about 5 weeks during the summer travel season. OUCH! This is to diagnose and then get GD's approval for maybe a full floor tear out and subfloor repair/replace. Water leaks are really bad. Words cannot not express our dissapointment.

Thanks Tim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast