User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got off the phone with Lippert, they were super helpful, but still no resolution. They had me make sure the valves were all open, which they were. He though there was potentially something wrong with the piston, though I couldn't see any signs of a link. He created a case and was pretty confident he could help get things fixed.

It's been a few days since I talked to the dealer without any action. Hoping Lippert can help. If I don't hear back I guess I'll call GD directly, maybe should have started there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching closely as I have the same issue with my Momentum. I am traveling w/o the rig this weekend but will be testing the valve I believe to be an issue Memorial Day weekend.

I believe either a valve is stuck or the electrical actuation of the valve is inop. I am going to test the electromagnetic issue first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 303 rls reflection,where is the hydraulic fluid reservoir located .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    We have a 303 rls reflection,where is the hydraulic fluid reservoir located .
    You don't have hydraulics in your Reflection
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, it's been a few weeks and it's now at the dealer for the third time with no resolution. The tech replaced two valves the first visit, which seemed to have it fixed, but when I asked him to run through it all with me before I left it exhibited the same behavior. So he ordered more valves and I came back, but that didn't fix it either. He thinks there's contamination in the fluid.

One thing I didn't mention previously is that the slides creep out a bit while I'm driving as well. It's usually a couple of inches, but it seems worse now after the troubleshooting.

I'll keep everyone posted. Pretty frustrating that I haven't really been able to use the fifth wheel and we've had it for six weeks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slides creeping out - one or both slides?

One points to internal cylinder leak. It is unlikely, though possible to have two cylinders with leaks.

Was it you with the same problem on Facebook? If so what happened when both isolation valves were closed?
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't me on facebook. All three slides creep out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, your dealer needs to replace your entire hydraulic module. The same hydraulic motor/pump operates the landing gear, stabilizers, and hydraulic slides. What you have is an electric powered shuttle valve that moves back and forth to allow hydraulic fluid to power the slide or stabilizers you are commanding to operate. To my knowledge, the only time the hydraulics will cut off automatically is when you are doing an auto level or auto retract using the LCI level up system. If you are operating the hydraulically powered slides manually from inside the camper using the extend/retract switches, it will not cut off automatically and you will damage the pump/motor if you continue to operate it when the slide is fully extended or retracted. The electric slides will cut off automatically. I had one hydraulic slide open about a foot during an auto leveling once in cold weather when my camper was new but it has never happened since.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer is currently replacing the front right jack where the valve blow by is expected. Let's hope this helps!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after a bunch of back and forth with Lippert they have advised the dealer to replace all components of the hydraulic system including the tubing. I don't have much other detail, the tech has been pretty helpful about giving me info when I talk to him, but I'm only getting stuff second hand through the service department. It's been at the dealer for a week and a half while they troubleshoot, get measurements and then order parts. I'm hoping I'll get more details on what happened when I go in to pick it up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast