User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    GaryLee

Removing Estone Surround Sound/Radio/DVD system

I plan on removing the Estone system and installing a 3D Blu-Ray DVD Surround System in our 369RL Solitude. If anyone has information on how to remove it (without trashing the cabinet), I would be interested. I can only see the staples at the top, above the unit that holds the trim in place. Is there a way to remove the "wood-work" and not destroy it?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the picture of the stereo on the Grand Design web site I see 4 screws holding the stereo in place. They take a small square driver.
    Robert & Sheila, Amarillo, TX
    2013 F250 short bed crew cab, diesel, 4X4, Firestone air bags
    2014 Reflection 337, Michelin XPS Ribs, Anderson Ultimate Fifth wheel hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum GaryLee! Robert is right, there are four screws that hold the unit in place. Remove them and it slides right out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya GaryLee and welcome to the forums! Ditto what Steve said, unless you have a newer Solitude and they've made changes. I've had mine since Aug, 2013 and Steve has had his longer. I doubt that's a change they made, but you never know!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

GaryLee
    Thanks for the help; I have removed it and found the screws holding the "wood-work" (side braces holding the unit in place). I also discovered the system has no center speaker and no sub-woofer. What a disappointment. Info to others; there are 4 screws on each side holding the side brace (2 top and 2 bottom) at sharp angles and difficult to remove (at least for us non-handyman types). There are also 3 staples on both outside edges from the adjacent cabinet. Once removed, the speakers are labelled with connections to the four downstairs speakers (A), two bedroom speakers (B), and two outside speakers (C). I am not positive of the B and C labels since I have not tried the connections. I plan on adding a center speaker and a sub-woofer (probably behind the fireplace) to the new system. Thanks again!

Gary & Donna -- Full Timers
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2006 F350 DRW

jaw3336
    What are you planning on replacing it with?

GaryLee
    I had a Samsung 3D Blu-ray DVD player with surround sound from our previous camper that I will be installing.

2014 Solitude 369RL
    2006 F350 DRW

jaw3336
    Is it the same size as the estone unit?

GaryLee
    No, the Samsung is much wider and just fits into the cabinet with the wood brackets removed. It is so wide that I had to remove the cabinet door to install it. It is a tight fit and not going anywhere when we travel.

2014 Solitude 369RL
    2006 F350 DRW