User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Reflection with a factory queen, put a 3" memory foam topper on it, and it was pretty comfortable for about three months full-time when I began bottoming-out on the plywood.

We just got a Solitude 310GK with a king, put a 3" memory foam topper on it, and I'm bottoming-out on the first night. The king seems to be even-poorer quality than the queen. The model name of the mattress is "Weekender", which I guess says something. Even a weekend on it is uncomfortable, and it's certainly not for extended use.

Like others here we'll have to replace the factory mattress in our weeks-old trailer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: They now are delivering a mattress in the 2019 310GK (king) that is called "Black Label." It will for sure will need a topper or just get a new one. Found two that were sold online already. One for $75 and the other for $100. They are sold as OEM only from Lippert. Just give us the options on ALL trailers to leave the mattress out and apply a credit to the unit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	king mattress.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	14159
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    Update: They now are delivering a mattress in the 2019 310GK (king) that is called "Black Label." It will for sure will need a topper or just get a new one. Found two that were sold online already. One for $75 and the other for $100. They are sold as OEM only from Lippert. Just give us the options on ALL trailers to leave the mattress out and apply a credit to the unit.

Name:	king mattress.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	14159
    Something old is something new again. Attached picture of the "Black Label" that was in our 303 when built nearly 5 years ago. Love that "Ultra Luxurious Comfort" - compared to what ? - sleeping on rocks ! It was replaced with a gel foam faster than the tires could cool down !

Name:	20180727_132802.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	14160

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Something old is something new again. Attached picture of the "Black Label" that was in our 303 when built nearly 5 years ago. Love that "Ultra Luxurious Comfort" - compared to what ? - sleeping on rocks ! It was replaced with a gel foam faster than the tires could cool down !

Name:	20180727_132802.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	14160

Dan

I sure they just found in back in the warehouse and had forgotten it was there and got rid of it in my unit.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Froli Bed Suspension

Anyone have any experience with Froli bed suspension system?
    https://www.froli.com/en/bed-systems/

Here is the RV Froli bed suspension link: https://www.frolishop.com/schlafen-u...oli-star-mobil
    Last edited by pdement; 10-01-2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added RV link

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree with the sentiment regarding the RV king mattress.... Ours only lasted as long as it took to order this one on Amazon.
    It's a ten inch memory foam model and it's leaps and bounds above the Black Label POS that is OEM in these rigs.

We spent a little over $400 bucks. Funny thing is that it comes in a small box and BOING....expands when you open the box.

Highly recommend this one.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073K8G5KX..._kQTACbV09GP9N
    2019 Solitude 380FL
    Parked in Fort Myers
    Our Winter Wonderland

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were camping about a month or so before the warranty ran out and ran into someone else who bought a Solitude around the same time as us. They had the same problem with their oven. Grand Design had agreed to replace their oven. I did a little more research on the model and it appeared that there was some kind of issue with the ignitor used by Furrion during the time period (we got ours in June 2018). I contacted GD and they wanted me to take it back to the dealership for them to look at. Not really an option for us based on distance and also timing with the warranty running out. I decided to call Furrion customer service. After asking a couple of questions, the rep had no issue with saying they would replace the oven. They were willing to let us take it to an RV repair shop that was not GD. I eventually talked him into shipping the oven to us and letting us replace it. We only had to agree to destroy the old one so that it could not be reused. They new one works much better.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mattress and 310 question

We put a knock off tempurpedic in our reflection 3 years ago and it is heavy but super comfy. We are probably going to upgrade to a 310 GKR. Any issues or pluses with the 310? We have been almost full time in a 29rs for 4 years.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a Reflection 337RLS in April. It came from the factory with a queen, but we wanted the king. The dealer took out the pieces that went on the side of the queen and sold it to us with no mattress. We live in Meridian, MS and there is a small mattress factory here (Meridian Mattress Factory, Thomas is the owner 601-693-3875). They make really nice mattresses - first rate stuff. I went to them with the measurements that the mattress had to fit in, and after we laid on several mattresses in their showroom and decided which one we liked best, they resized the inner frame and built us a custom one of that model, with some extra foam, for $750. Now we have a real, high quality king mattress that we are very happy with. Only issue is that it is a bit taller than the foam ones, but it is not a problem - just takes a few minutes to get used to being a little higher. It took about a week to get it, and that was only because they were really busy with a big hotel order at that time.
    I totally recommend these people to anyone, in fact we bought a replacement mattress/box spring set for one of our bedrooms at home the same day, and I won't buy mattresses anywhere else now. That said, the logistics of them being in Mississippi might be a bit of a problem for most of you, but I tell you my story because if you can't make a trip to Mississippi for it, if you look hard, you might just find something similar in your area. We have a great bed made exactly to fit our RV - what you are probably looking to find.
    Russell, Tammi & Daisy from Mississippi
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F-250 SRW 6.7L Powerstroke Crew Cab Platinum
    B & W Turnover/Companion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The factory king mattress was horrible. It lasted 2 weeks before we replaced it with a king Purple mattress. It is the best upgrade we have done!
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast