User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    The RV King is correct, it is what we purchased and have been sleeping on for a year. The RV King fits on the base, but know the RV King mattress width takes it to the walls of the slide and is just under the night stand shelves. It has not been an issue for us, but for some folks it might be an issue.
    So I’m guessing it makes it a little difficult for making the bed & changing the sheets but probably worth the slight inconvenience for the comfort level of the sleep number.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    So I’m guessing it makes it a little difficult for making the bed & changing the sheets but probably worth the slight inconvenience for the comfort level of the sleep number.
    We are in our 315RLTS, and we are FTers. We have the sleep number king. It is right up against the walls, and correct.. hard to change or make the bed. But.. wouldn't have it any other way. We have a system worked out to change the sheets, and the comfortable sleep makes it worthwhile.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is a challenge, but doable. The ability to adjust the firmness/softness to each comfort level makes up for the challenge of making the bed.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RV King is correct, it is what we purchased and have been sleeping on for a year. The RV King fits on the base, but know the RV King mattress width takes it to the walls of the slide and is just under the night stand shelves. It has not been an issue for us, but for some folks it might be an issue.
    I still haven’t picked up our 310 yet but have another question as I’m not too thrilled with wedging the 72” king in the slide. Is the base actually a queen and they just throw a king mattress on when you select the king upgrade? If that’s the case I may just go queen to avoid the tight fit of the king and save a few bucks in the process.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Is the base actually a queen and they just throw a king mattress on when you select the king upgrade?
    I can't answer that question but I can tell you the "base" is simply a piece of plywood. If the king base is larger than the queen (likely), grab a circular saw and trim it down.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still haven’t picked up our 310 yet but have another question as I’m not too thrilled with wedging the 72” king in the slide. Is the base actually a queen and they just throw a king mattress on when you select the king upgrade? If that’s the case I may just go queen to avoid the tight fit of the king and save a few bucks in the process.
    I suspect the platform is queen size as the king mattress does extend past it. It is a personal choice queen vs king but to tell you the truth, I am not sure a queen will make much of difference in accessing the sides of the bed and making it up as it is a tight fit anyway. My suggestion based on our experience is, if sleeping on a queen is comfortable and a non-event for you, then getting the queen will likely work best for you considering your questions. On the other hand if sleeping on a queen is a non starter, marginally acceptable or you simply prefer a king then despite the minimal challenge of making up the bed IMHO the king would be well worth it.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect the platform is queen size as the king mattress does extend past it. It is a personal choice queen vs king but to tell you the truth, I am not sure a queen will make much of difference in accessing the sides of the bed and making it up as it is a tight fit anyway. My suggestion based on our experience is, if sleeping on a queen is comfortable and a non-event for you, then getting the queen will likely work best for you considering your questions. On the other hand if sleeping on a queen is a non starter, marginally acceptable or you simply prefer a king then despite the minimal challenge of making up the bed IMHO the king would be well worth it.
    Yeah, just for the heck of we both tried out the queen in our guest room and quickly decided that it wasn’t going to work. We’ll proceed with the king and deal with it as I think we’d regret going the queen route. Thanks for your reply.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just for the heck of we both tried out the queen in our guest room and quickly decided that it wasn’t going to work. We’ll proceed with the king and deal with it as I think we’d regret going the queen route. Thanks for your reply.
    Trailers ordered with the king bed option get a wider platform under the mattress.

We replaced our king OEM junk mattress as soon as we got the trailer. We installed a queen mattress like the one we sleep comfortably on at home, to avoid the extra cost and extra weight of a king mattress we didn't need.

The bed platform in our king-optioned trailer exceeds the width of our queen mattress by several inches on both sides.

Since you've decided to go with the king I'll guess that bed-making will be less of a pain than you're thinking it will be. Even with our queen we often slide the mattress down a couple of feet, make the bed, then slide it back up. Not a big deal.

Enjoy your new trailer!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just went out and measured ours which is a 2019. The plywood measures about 66". The plywood hangs over the platform base about 6.5" on the closet side and about 8 on the other side, making the platform itself about 55.5" . The headboard measures about 61" without the top trim, about 65 with.

As for making the bed, all you have to do is pull the mattress down a bit, 18-24" or so. We then fold the top sheet down and tuck it just inside the slide trim. Then we do the same with the quilt. Pick the end up slightly, so it doesn't catch on any screw heads, and slide it back up. The area between the headboard and where we fold over the blanket is just right to fit the pillows. It doesn't take long to make it with just one person, but definitely goes quicker with two. It is easy to do this way and stress free! We do have a Sleep Number so it is lighter than a memory foam mattress but the majority of the weight stays in the platform.
    Mark, Linda and Riley (RIP 6/17/20)
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually LB
    B&W Companion hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindabf View Post
    Just went out and measured ours which is a 2019. The plywood measures about 66". The plywood hangs over the platform base about 6.5" on the closet side and about 8 on the other side, making the platform itself about 55.5" . The headboard measures about 61" without the top trim, about 65 with.

As for making the bed, all you have to do is pull the mattress down a bit, 18-24" or so. We then fold the top sheet down and tuck it just inside the slide trim. Then we do the same with the quilt. Pick the end up slightly, so it doesn't catch on any screw heads, and slide it back up. The area between the headboard and where we fold over the blanket is just right to fit the pillows. It doesn't take long to make it with just one person, but definitely goes quicker with two. It is easy to do this way and stress free! We do have a Sleep Number so it is lighter than a memory foam mattress but the majority of the weight stays in the platform.
    Great tip on sliding the mattress down, we’ll probably just have a fitted sheet and duvet so making the bed should be trouble free. Thanks for your reply.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast