User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Trailers ordered with the king bed option get a wider platform under the mattress.

We replaced our king OEM junk mattress as soon as we got the trailer. We installed a queen mattress like the one we sleep comfortably on at home, to avoid the extra cost and extra weight of a king mattress we didn't need.

The bed platform in our king-optioned trailer exceeds the width of our queen mattress by several inches on both sides.

Since you've decided to go with the king I'll guess that bed-making will be less of a pain than you're thinking it will be. Even with our queen we often slide the mattress down a couple of feet, make the bed, then slide it back up. Not a big deal.

Enjoy your new trailer!
    This must be new because our 2019 came with our platform is not as wide as the RV king mattress we have.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    This must be new because our 2019 came with our platform is not as wide as the RV king mattress we have.
    I guess GD is putting in whatever platform they have at the time. Mine came with the king bed option and the platform is the exact same size as the king mattress. As @boyscout said, making the bed is really not a problem, sliding the mattress down a foot or so really helps. I put a 3 inch Tempurpedic mattess topper on mine and sleep like a baby, made a huge difference.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    Ours is a 2018.

To avoid hypotheticals I've just gone out and measured the platform in our king-optioned trailer. It is 66" in width. That makes it 3" WIDER on each side than the queen mattress we chose to put on it. There is NO chance that GD ships queen bed trailers with that 66" platform.

On the other hand, it's nearly certain that they ship most/all king-optioned trailers with a platform about 66" wide. That would be 3" NARROWER on each side than the RV king mattress (which is 72" X 80"), leaving the mattress overhanging the platform by several inches on each side to give it a softer edge for sitting and getting into bed and reduce scraping of limbs on the rough edge of the bed platform. (Ask me how I know about this.)

I'll guess, since I didn't measure the platform in our previous queen-bed trailer, that queen-bed platforms are about 54" wide, much smaller than king-bed platforms.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Ours is a 2018.

To avoid hypotheticals I've just gone out and measured the platform in our king-optioned trailer. It is 66" in width. That makes it 3" WIDER on each side than the queen mattress we chose to put on it. There is NO chance that GD ships queen bed trailers with that 66" platform.

On the other hand, it's nearly certain that they ship most/all king-optioned trailers with a platform about 66" wide. That would be 3" NARROWER on each side than the RV king mattress (which is 72" X 80"), leaving the mattress overhanging the platform by several inches on each side to give it a softer edge for sitting and getting into bed and reduce scraping of limbs on the rough edge of the bed platform. (Ask me how I know about this.)

I'll guess, since I didn't measure the platform in our previous queen-bed trailer, that queen-bed platforms are about 54" wide, much smaller than king-bed platforms.
    Makes sense and appears to be what we have.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdement View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Froli bed suspension system?
    https://www.froli.com/en/bed-systems/

Here is the RV Froli bed suspension link: https://www.frolishop.com/schlafen-u...oli-star-mobil
    We just purchased the Froli system to use in our RV with a queen purple mattress, we get the RV in a few months so will be able to provide a true review soon.

Surprised there is not more talk about this system, it seems very well made, and has at least a 10year life span... if we don't like it, we will put it in the garage with the extra bed above the Happijac.
    Miranda & Jeff
    The Arthritic Duo - Remote Work - Gearing up to Full-Time Living
    397 TH is being ordered!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we replaced our king with a standard queen size sleep number bed. love it and we have so much more room to get in and around the bed
    2020 310GKR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I understand this thread correctly, the 310GK King size bed wend from 70 inches to 72 inches. What year did this happen?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310 GK replacement mattress

My Solitude 310GK came with a king mattress 72X80X6 inches. The 6 inch thickness just clears the shelves on either side of the mattress. Looking to replace mattress but hard to find one 6 inches thick. Question...if i get something thicker, will the shelves be an issue or should i just squeeze them in?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345