User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question King Mattress on the 310GK

Looking to purchase either the 2018 or 2019 310GK Solitude with the King mattress. Seeking comments from any new owners of the year/model I'm looking at on the standard king mattress Grand Design supplies with this unit. Our current unit has a queen RV Sleep Number in it, but even if we wanted to purchase a new King Sleep Number their King RV is 72 x 80 where the Grand Design supplied King RV is a 70 x 80. When I look at that bed in the trailer, it seems to be a tight fit with the 70 x 80 and I'm not sure it would even fit the extra 2". I'm hoping some day trailer manufactures just either put the cheapest mattress in new units or give the option for no mattress. Most new trailer mattresses without going into the $120K+ units just don't come with high end mattresses and you end up purchasing a better mattress later.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    Looking to purchase either the 2018 or 2019 310GK Solitude with the King mattress. Seeking comments from any new owners of the year/model I'm looking at on the standard king mattress Grand Design supplies with this unit. Our current unit has a queen RV Sleep Number in it, but even if we wanted to purchase a new King Sleep Number their King RV is 72 x 80 where the Grand Design supplied King RV is a 70 x 80. When I look at that bed in the trailer, it seems to be a tight fit with the 70 x 80 and I'm not sure it would even fit the extra 2". I'm hoping some day trailer manufactures just either put the cheapest mattress in new units or give the option for no mattress. Most new trailer mattresses without going into the $120K+ units just don't come with high end mattresses and you end up purchasing a better mattress later.
    The standard mattress is just a foam piece of junk. It's not very thick. Most memory foam beds have multiple layers. So what we did was get a memory foam mattress topper and used the bed as the base foam, just like in a regular memory foam mattress. It feels ok, not as nice as our TempurPedic at the house of course. But it will do for the trailer.

ProTip - memory foam can be trimmed to fit using an electric knife.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is a Denver Mattress company piece, rather thin and probably will get something to add to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mines a Denver king and it’s horrible. I’ve tried a 4” foam that was way too soft, and a 1.5” that I don’t care for either. I’ll be trying a tuft and needle shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added a 3 inch thick topper from Costco, had to trim about 3 inches off of one side, but it made a big difference.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure you could get a 72 inch mattress to fit in the slide out it is tight at 70 inches. X2 on the Costco topper it made a huge difference, and yes trim with an electric knife I even rounded the bottom corners.
    David, Victoria & Scout

2018 Ford F-350 CCLB DRW Metallic Power stroke diesel
    2017 310-GK R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 310gk and the slide out is 72" which is what the Sleep Number RV king is. The mattress that comes with it is really bad. We got a regular king 3" gel memory pad thinking we would need to trim it to fit but it squishes into the space pretty good. We did need to add an old Sleep Number cool gel topper underneath the king (because it is only a queen) but it helped to keep us from bottoming out to the standard bed. We'll eventually replace the bed with the Sleep Number P5 rv king, but need to save up after purchasing the new Solitude ☺

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindabf View Post
    We have a 2019 310gk and the slide out is 72" which is what the Sleep Number RV king is. The mattress that comes with it is really bad. We got a regular king 3" gel memory pad thinking we would need to trim it to fit but it squishes into the space pretty good. We did need to add an old Sleep Number cool gel topper underneath the king (because it is only a queen) but it helped to keep us from bottoming out to the standard bed. We'll eventually replace the bed with the Sleep Number P5 rv king, but need to save up after purchasing the new Solitude ☺
    Just what I wanted to hear. LOL Our 2019 310GK just hit the lot and was hoping a topper would maybe get us by on the mattress. Camper World had the Sleep Number RV King on sale for like $700 under what Sleep number sells it for. I called Sleep number and ask why the cost difference. They told me they wouldn't make mine till I ordered it so it would be "NEW". LOL Told them for $700 I would take a month old new one from Camper World. LOL I'm still working with GD on those darn narrow MorRyde steps.

Any major issues once you got it?
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've only had the new trailer for about a month. Currently on our second trip with it. No major problems per se but we did have problems getting the front awning to open when we arrived this trip. Motor wasn't kicking in. Hubby went up on top to look at and it appears to have the rain gutter pouring right down the metal bracing where the motor is. He made some adjustments and got the awning to extend and when it did all kinds of water drained from the tubing all around it. Pretty stupid move to have water draining right into a motor. Will make some adjustments once we get back home.

My only other complaint at this time is the Furrion oven. The temperature doesn't match the dial and isn't consistent where you position it to get a temperature. It also will not hold the temperature. It dropped 30 degrees in me in 10 minutes today. I've been reading the forum and it appears we are not alone. Will probably turn it in as a maintenance issue.

The exterior steps are "Step Above" by MorRyde. When we bought covers for them, they needed 18" ones. They can't be any wider or the steps wouldn't fit inside the door. You might want to check the height of them at the top. We had a problem where the door was scraping the top; now there is rust starting to show there.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested to know how and if your oven issue gets resolved. I am not having much luck.
    [SIGPIC]2018 GD Reflection 303RLS
    2003 Chevy 2500HD Duramax CC SB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast