Likes Likes:  0
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Blue Ink Does Not Wash Out!

Our Reflection is at the dealer right now for some work warranty and other work. But the dealer is stymied on how to do a repair. When the dealer was prepping the RV for delivery, one of the dealer's employees had a leaking blue pen in her back pocket. Unfortunately, she got her hindside up against an interior panel and got blue ink on it. She tried to clean it off with a strong industrial cleaner, but just wound up bleaching the panel while not even phasing the blue ink.

The dealer ordered a new panel and is trying to install it. Evidently, the panel that is damaged is bonded to the insulation material. The dealer is stuck on how to proceed, and said they will call Grand Design for instructions on how to fix it. Hopefully, this is repairable.

titrtyca
    Has this been repaired? If it was, how was it done/ and is it acceptable.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's a very long story, and I'm thoroughly disgusted with my dealer and their lack of service, communication and skill. No, it has not been repaired. The service representative told me he had the parts to repair it. I dropped it off and was told it would be a couple of days. The dealer had it for eight days before they finally contacted Grand Design and found out that the panel can not be replaced. Therefore, the dealer flat out lied to me about having the parts to repair it. The panel is bonded directly to the insulation and frame, so it can't be changed out. I called GD myself and talked to JD in customer service. The only solution he has was for the dealer to sand the panel down and put a matching wallpaper covering on it. Since the dealer is inept in other repairs they did, I'm very leery about them performing this repair. There was other work the dealership said had been performed, but when I picked the FW up at 10 days, the work was not performed. I complained rather loudly to the dealership's management about the shoddy workmanship and service of their "service" department.

I am leaving for the road for three-four months this week. When I get back, I'm considering filing a lawsuit against the dealership for the damage they caused and then take it to a shop that has the skill to fix it correctly. At this time, the unit has diminished value that is directly caused by the dealership's personnel and/or contractors and they will be ultimately responsible for correcting it. This was not an issue caused by GD, but directly by personnel working for LazyDays RV in Tucson Arizona.