User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidera View Post
    May 31 update - Since Customer Service told me to do it - I went out this am to do some more investigating. I disconnected both battery terminals and unplugged shore power - beep still occurred. I waited a several minutes and it was steady at every 45 seconds you would hear it. I got up on the roof and could tell the sound was the unit. Also this AM I got a call from the storage place telling me the security people had heard it and wanted to make sure I knew something was beeping on the unit. There are other units around, several places over on either side there is a Solitude and a Reflection. While there I also recorded the sound. I'm not sure how to attach a sound file so if anyone has an interest I can email it. PM me if you want it.

I looked around for microwave or cell towers and didn't see any - the only thing around was large power lines about a mile away.

I have a feeling GD customer service is going to tell me it isn't the 351M because no power was applied to the unit. And when I tell them it has to be, they will just say there is no way anything would beep without some sort of power being applied.

I appreciate all the ideas and questions. I will continue to try and find out what this is. Still stumped.
    Smoke detector low batt chirp?
    Otherwise it has to be something you have packed in the rig

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the 9 volt battery out of the smoke detector and see if it stops.

When these things produce short chirps/beeps they are real hard to identify where it’s coming from.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the battery out of the only smoke detector I know of in the kitchen area - it is not chirping.

Just crazy...
    Bruce and Jill - DFW, TX
    And the golden girls - Sidera and Reagan

2017 Ford F350 with 6.2L
    2018 351M Titan Disk brakes, MORryde SRE4000, Upper LED brake lights.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argh!!!! Stuff like that drives me crazy! My next guess is that you have something plugged in that, when external power is disconnected, beeps most likely something with a battery. I guess you are just going to have to spend some time in the rig finding where the noise is from. What if you park somewhere else in the storage area? Or in your driveway (assuming it fits)?

I’m wishing you luck on this. I’ll bet others watching this thread are too. Hang in there.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the battery out of the only smoke detector I know of in the kitchen area - it is not chirping.

Just crazy...
    There should also be a CO detector (that looks like a smoke detector) in the bedroom.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just came across this old thread. Any updates Bruce?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE - I still don't know what is causing the beeping however I've pinpointed where the sound is coming from and when it occurs. We had the coach out for Memorial day and the moment I pulled it into the storage facility parking spot it started beeping. It was still connected to the truck and truck running. All I did was pull into the spot, put the truck in park, and walked back to make sure I was in with sufficient room and it started beeping. The sound seems to come somewhere near bedroom slide (which on a M351 is on the drivers side). I'm going to send a not to Grand Design and see if they have a clue. This just drives me crazy!!
    Update - Sort of - the sound must be coming from some battery based monitor or something. We haven't had the 351 out since memorial day and on last check of the unit the beeping has stopped. I imagine it finally ran out of juice to power the monitor - whatever it was. We will be heading out for a trip in a few weeks so I'll see what happens then. Currently battery is totally disconnected from the unit with just shore power on. I'll update after the trip - will be interesting to see if the beeping comes on again after storage.
    Bruce and Jill - DFW, TX

2017 Ford F350 with 6.2L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I idle too long connected my CO detector will go off. Probably not it but anything might help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having a beeping problem on my 350. Just installed new battery and still beeping. Couldit be something from leveling system? Slightly off level but its never beeped before. Tested constantly, seems fine. Sounds like its coming from the living room area. Smoke detector there ok.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limericc23 View Post
    I am having a beeping problem on my 350. Just installed new battery and still beeping. Couldit be something from leveling system? Slightly off level but its never beeped before. Tested constantly, seems fine. Sounds like its coming from the living room area. Smoke detector there ok.
    I never did figure out what started mine beeping and what stopped it. I replaced all the batteries in the monitors. The only time mine was beeping was while plugged in at the storage facility. Any time I took it out it never occurred. I stopped worrying about it and one day it no longer beeped. To this day - it has come back. Either a battery has died and I can't find it or who knows... I wish you all the luck finding this. Try and identify when it happens and what is going on when it does (plugged in, on battery power, generator power, no power attached and battery disconnected etc). That will help in determining the cause. Let me know if I can help!
    Bruce and Jill - DFW, TX

2017 Ford F350 with 6.2L

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123