User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    grampscamper which way to you use your hitch
    Mine is in the fixed position. My bed is 6’9”. I can make some fairly tight turns. I prefer not to turn too sharp anyway because of the stress it puts on the trailer.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 230RL and F150 with 6.5 ft bed. I decided a while back to remove the wedge and install the lockout bolts - mainly due to issues like this. We can turn pretty tight as it is now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info,I m using with the lockout bolts in and so far as you said has not been a problem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this setup and we are having problems hooking up. The last time we hooked up the DW was hitting the king pin and the handle was coming back but not fully engaging. I finally climbed up after the 20th attempt and pushed the handle into locking place. That should not be the case. I am trying to research what experience people are having with the hitch, wedge and king pin. Right now I think I have found two issue. One, I think the wedge is installed too tight. The king pin cannot go forward enough to fully engage the the locking mechanism. Also, my dealer did not tell me about all the lube/maintenance on the hitch. I asked and they said not much if any is needed. I have later found out they did not even know there was an annual maintenance on the Turning point pin box. I have read the manual and see some recommendations from Curt on hitch maintenance. Are you having any problems hooking up with the Turning Point, A16 and wedge referenced in the original post?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only issue is that you have to keep the Curt hitch lubed as per the manual. If you still have problems after lubing the hitch you could try adjusting the wedge by loosening the bolts a little then hookup. Retighten after it’s adjusted properly.
    Most likely the problem is the Curt hitch requires lubrication.
    Last edited by grampscamper; 04-20-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grampscamper View Post
    The only issue is that you have to keep the Curt hitch lubed as per the manual. If you still have problems after lubing the hitch you could try adjusting the wedge by loosening the bolts a little then hookup. Retighten after it’s adjusted properly.
    Most likely the problem is the Curt hitch requires lubrication.

That is a good idea. The guy that installed the wedge basically said he never seen one. I will try working on that this weekend for next week's trip.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FreddieMac, my son in law has the Curt hitch. He had the same problem as you. We lubed the hitch and it worked flawlessly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FreddieMac, my son in law has the Curt hitch. He had the same problem as you. We lubed the hitch and it worked flawlessly.
    That will be the first thing I try because it is so easy to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gramps, that did it. When I looked at my hitch today and after reading the manual, I was lubing the wrong location. I shot some silicone lube in the right spot and hooked and unhooked three times, each on the first try. Sometimes it’s the little things! On to roof maintenance tomorrow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it worked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast