User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool MorRyde Power Cord Spooler Reels for 310GK Solitude

Looking to add a MorRyde Power Cord Reel Spooler to a Solitude 310GK. They have three models that all attached to the floor in the storage compartment.

1. Any one have one in their Solitude 310GK and is the floor sturdy enough there to handle the winding and unwinding of the heavy 50 amp power Cord?
    2. There are 3 models available. Reel 56-001H for appx. $148 which is 7.55 wide x 20" deep x 17.5 high. Reel 56-004H for appx. $161 which is 13.5 wide x 17.4 deep x 14 high. Reel56-009H appx $87 which is 14.3 wide x 12.77 deep x 13.4 high. Pictures attached, I hope. LOL

The first two models have covers on the tops, but the last model is just an open reel. Any one have one of these models installed or have an opinion on which model would be best for the 310GK? I believe all three would work with some taking up less floor space and of course the price difference. thanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Reel 56-001H.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	12871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reel 56-004H.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	12872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reel 56-009H.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	12873

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Reflection 337 and the floor is plenty strong enough to hold the reel. I have the narrow one and it easily holds my 30' 50 amp cord - I'm sure there is plenty of room for a 50' 50 amp cord. The reel is well built and easy to crank. I mounted mine about 6" from the water panel so there is room to adjust the friction control and it is just the right size to stick my coiled up water hose.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MorRyde Power Cord Spooler Reels for 310GK Solitude

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310GK Utility Compartment.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	12878
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I have a Reflection 337 and the floor is plenty strong enough to hold the reel. I have the narrow one and it easily holds my 30' 50 amp cord - I'm sure there is plenty of room for a 50' 50 amp cord. The reel is well built and easy to crank. I mounted mine about 6" from the water panel so there is room to adjust the friction control and it is just the right size to stick my coiled up water hose.
    Thanks for the input. I'm attaching a picture of the 310GK utility compartment and would be interested in where anyone would suggest the reel be located (left hand or right hand side). I wish I had the measurement on the width of this compartment on this side of the trailer, but I don't have it at the moment. Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting it forward would have partially blocked my levelup control so the choice was made for me. I used just four 3/4" #8 self drilling screws to mount the reel so it would be easy to move it.
    John and Jean

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting it forward would have partially blocked my levelup control so the choice was made for me. I used just four 3/4" #8 self drilling screws to mount the reel so it would be easy to move it.
    Good idea on the screws! The good news for me on the Solitude is they mounted the levelup controller on the door instead of inside the compartment. For $5 more they should have put the Reflection levelup in the same location so you can view/use it without putting your head in the storage compartment. I think I'll be spending the extra dollars and get the Reel 56-001H just to save room. I'm going to miss my back storage compartment on my old 2008 Carriage Cameo. It also allowed me to move some storage weigh from the front of the trailer to the back.

It looks like you are in San Antonio area also John. Cibolo, here! Retired Air Force.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasUmpire View Post
    Good idea on the screws! The good news for me on the Solitude is they mounted the levelup controller on the door instead of inside the compartment. For $5 more they should have put the Reflection levelup in the same location so you can view/use it without putting your head in the storage compartment. I think I'll be spending the extra dollars and get the Reel 56-001H just to save room. I'm going to miss my back storage compartment on my old 2008 Carriage Cameo. It also allowed me to move some storage weigh from the front of the trailer to the back.

It looks like you are in San Antonio area also John. Cibolo, here! Retired Air Force.
    Hi, neighbor. I'll look forward to running in to you either at the Canyon Lake Rec area or NASCC - our two favorites. We're at Ft Davis this week.

Have you used our local GD dealer? I wasn't impressed and went to FTW to buy and Pipe Creek for service.
    John and Jean

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, neighbor. I'll look forward to running in to you either at the Canyon Lake Rec area or NASCC - our two favorites. We're at Ft Davis this week.

Have you used our local GD dealer? I wasn't impressed and went to FTW to buy and Pipe Creek for service.
    John, did you get the direct message I sent you? Not sure that message option works. Gary

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw someone else in another section installed one in their 310GK in the bottom of the pantry where all that wasted space is.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TFB176602 View Post
    I saw someone else in another section installed one in their 310GK in the bottom of the pantry where all that wasted space is.
    Attached is that thread post#1 with pictures in the 310 from traveldawg: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ight=cord+reel

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a neat freak, and I totally understand the desire to store the power cord nicely away. However, I realized that the power cord is invariably the very first thing I pull out of the storage area, and so it is never in my way when we are actually camping. Furthermore, a very large empty reel would definitely be in my way all the while we're camping. So, I throw the cord in right before we leave and pull it back out and plug it back in the minute we get home.
    Last edited by gahatt; 07-25-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast