Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convection microwave oven Recall

When we purchased our 369 in July 2013, we upgraded to the Frigidaire convection microwave oven. Well two days ago, we received a recall notice for the oven (manufactured between 1-27-13 and 4-10-13). Anyone else get this notice? Last year in October I noticed that the oven was starting on its own ... Scary! I went out to show it to a friend and as we were talking the oven turned on. When I went to open the door, it was already hot. So evidently it had been turning on and off for awhile. We took it to our dealer and they were going to replace a part and wouldn't have it ready until after Thanksgiving, which was a no go because we were going camping. So I called GD and Jerry sent a new one the next day. He didn't want to replace just a part, he wanted to know why? Well I guess they figured it out! Once again, top notch service! Not sure if the new one falls under the recall or if the recall is for the old one. I guess we will see, someone is supposed to contact us in a few days. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Jeff & Cathy K - Dayton, NV
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK #TBD
    2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD 4x4 SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a link to NHTSA recalls in today's Passport America newsletter. I noticed a Frigidaire microwave recall under several other brands.

Kay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...that's just plain scary! I'm glad you're getting a new oven, and you're right waiting till November is just way too long to expect anyone to wait on a replacement.
    We did not get the notice, but we had a regular microwave and ordered a Dometic convection/microwave oven and changed it out ourselves. So far no problems.
    Hope your issue is resolved soon and the new oven is not under recall.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As it turns out, only the original oven fell within the recall criteria. The replacement we have now was manufactured after the recall date. That's good news.
    Jeff & Cathy K - Dayton, NV
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 384GK #TBD
    2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD 4x4 SRW