User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Tank Monitor's not working.

Just picked up a new 395m yesterday. While doing the walk through at the dealer i saw that the RV was 33% full in the fresh water tank. Once I got home and was going the the system checking every thing out all is working with the exception of any to the tank monitors. I saw the thread about unhooking from power and 12V did that. took off the pannel in the basement storage wiggled the wires. Both with no results. And of course today is Sunday so no dealer help and no help from loppert. Any ideas?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCC621 View Post
    Just picked up a new 395m yesterday. While doing the walk through at the dealer i saw that the RV was 33% full in the fresh water tank. Once I got home and was going the the system checking every thing out all is working with the exception of any to the tank monitors. I saw the thread about unhooking from power and 12V did that. took off the pannel in the basement storage wiggled the wires. Both with no results. And of course today is Sunday so no dealer help and no help from loppert. Any ideas?
    All tanks or just one tank? If one tank you most likely have a bad crimp at the tank connections. I had this. The crimp was not fully done on one of the wires to my fresh water tank. If all tanks then it is a problem with the monitor of the power/ground going to it... the tank sensors are nothing more then a resistor network changing voltages .

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is all tanks.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can i find the power ground at?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish you luck. After 7 years of bad sensors I have finally given up trying to make them work or relying on them. When the toilet burps your black tank is full. When the water backs up in the shower that grey tank is full, ditto sinks. Depending on usage and time to dump you can put a gate valve on the sewer outflow connection, then open the two grey water valves, the tanks will equalize against the final gate valve and you will gain a day, maybe two.

Our old SOB we could go 4-5 days on holding tanks. I bought a caddy and that would get us another day or two. I have yet to use the caddy with my new 376, the tanks are big enough we can go 5-7 days without a dump.

R&R on the sensors is a huge expensive undertaking, techs hate it, you have to tear a lot of stuff loose to get to it, then the result is about 50/50.

The cleaning process you find posted in lots of places seems to work pretty good, I have never done it. I have just learned how to live with my tanks and no sensors.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’d think with the technology we have these days they could make them better.

Why can’t they use a float sensor like in fuel tanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Grand Design Solitude 379fls-r

2015 F250 FX4 6.7

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadandMel View Post
    You’d think with the technology we have these days they could make them better.

Why can’t they use a float sensor like in fuel tanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A float sensor would not work well in the waste tanks, debris would get stuck on the float or the arm and cause the float to not float. False readings of a low tank when it is full would be the result.

I have not yet heard of or seen a set of tank gauges that worked properly on waste tanks. Fresh waster is usually not too bad.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    I have not yet heard of or seen a set of tank gauges that worked properly on waste tanks. Fresh waster is usually not too bad.
    The SeeLevel gauges get good reviews. Kind of a pain to drop the belly, though. https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our old camper I kind of new how many days I could go. Before I need to dump. Won’t be a big deal in the future. But just hate the idea that a two day old camper has things that don’t work. Don’t think I will be buying more sensors when the tanks all ready have them. I guess I will just deal with it for now and let the dealer take care of it at a later date. If it was a used camper or had some age on it might be different.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those See Level sensors get good reviews. Costly though. The one bid I got for the sensors and install was almost $2k. I'd rather spend that money on disc brakes.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast