Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need recommendation for equipment

I'm a few weeks away from living in my Reflecton. I have to purchase just a few more things to be ready.

Satellite TV
    Generator
    Water Filter

TV- Does anyone have an opinion which would be better: Dish or Direct TV?

Generator- My RV salesman recommended that I purchase 2 generators to operate in parallel. I don't remember why 2 other than to use one as a backup should the other one fail in need of temporary repair. Assuming purchasing two is the way to go, I searched and found a Honda setup EU200i with EU200ic. Combined = 4,000 watts & 30amps for $1,760. I've learned that Honda is the gold standard and the most expensive but is there an alternative to the Honda that is as quiet, reliable and less expensive?

Water filtration... I want to equip my RV with the best filtration system. I've done some research and saw too many. It became confusing. I can't help but wonder if having the most elaborate three cartridge filter would slow the flow of water to a trickle. The flow rate is already rather weak for showering due to the flow restricter that must be on the hose that connects to the RV.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk about the water filter. But tv I prefer Direct tv seems to have the better deal on the channels I like. And the generators you can use two like that but if one fails you are down to just running the fridge and some lights maybe heat but that’s about it so I would go to 1 bigger generator. And Honda is the best and Yamaha would be next on my list. Both are a ace in the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace your shower head with a Oxgenics shower head and you will no longer have an issue with water pressure.

Here’s one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F5MUB66/

Read the reviews.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutJoe View Post
    I'm a few weeks away from living in my Reflecton. I have to purchase just a few more things to be ready.

Satellite TV
    Generator
    Water Filter

TV- Does anyone have an opinion which would be better: Dish or Direct TV?

Generator- My RV salesman recommended that I purchase 2 generators to operate in parallel. I don't remember why 2 other than to use one as a backup should the other one fail in need of temporary repair. Assuming purchasing two is the way to go, I searched and found a Honda setup EU200i with EU200ic. Combined = 4,000 watts & 30amps for $1,760. I've learned that Honda is the gold standard and the most expensive but is there an alternative to the Honda that is as quiet, reliable and less expensive?

Water filtration... I want to equip my RV with the best filtration system. I've done some research and saw too many. It became confusing. I can't help but wonder if having the most elaborate three cartridge filter would slow the flow of water to a trickle. The flow rate is already rather weak for showering due to the flow restricter that must be on the hose that connects to the RV.
    Unless you already have DirecTV at home, Dish is the only network on which you can receive HD with a portable antenna and receiver. Our plan costs $49/month with locals (Flex Pack) with all the channels we need or want. It's a pay-as-you- go plan, so you can put it on hold when you're not using the RV. We have a Wally receiver with a hard drive which makes it a DVR and a Winegard Pathway X2 antenna. The antenna is automatic and finds the satellites (either eastern or western arc) on its own. The X2 also has a larger dish than other portable/RV antennas (except for the $1,300 roof-mount Trav'ler) for a stronger signal.

For water filtration, we have used the Camco in-line filters for the 2.5 years we have been full-time without any issues. They do the job and are small enough to fit in the utility bay to prevent freezing.

We don't boondock and I'm not a fan of generators (annoying noisemakers in campgrounds), so can't help you there.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you already have DISH, it's $7/month to add your RV (you buy your own equipment). https://get.dishformyrv.com/
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water filtration-
    I bought a dual canister water filter system from The RV Water Filter Store https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com. The first cartridge is a sediment filter. The second is a carbon filter for lead, chlorine, bugs, etc. The water runs through a 6' lead free hose from the faucet to the sediment canister then into the carbon filter then to my adjustable pressure regulator then into a 40' hose and finally it attaches to the fresh water port on the RV water panel. It sounds complicated but it's actually simple to set up and works great. We drink our water straight from the kitchen faucet in the RV and it tastes great.

Generators-
    The Honda generators are among the best for sure. You need two of them in order to run your A/C unit - not for redundancy. As long as they have fuel, they won't fail. Hondas are crazy reliable.

Satellite TV-
    We have DirecTV at home and bring our Genie receiver with us on the road. We installed an auto aiming Winegard Trav'ler satellite dish on the roof and it works fantastic. Like auto-level, you push a button and walk away while it does it's thing. Very cool! Dish is a better option if you prefer setting up a portable auto-aiming dish at your camp site - which may be a better option anyway if you frequently camp in heavily wooded campsites. We haven't had our signal blocked yet but it will likely happen some day and when it does, I purchased a portable dish as a backup.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    ...Dish is the only network on which you can receive HD with a portable antenna and receiver.
    You can get a DirecTV HD signal with a portable manually aimed dish.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Generators - If you don't want to spend that kind of money, you can purchase two Champion 2000W generators and a parallel kit for about $1000. I have owned a pair for over a year, and they are running strong. I measured the noise levels, and they are within 2 dB of the Hondas. Most people can not hear a 2dB noise difference.

https://www.amazon.com/Champion-2000...rter+generator

Jim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the briggs & Stratton P3000 inverter generator. Got it on sale amazon prime day for $799, so am very happy with it. We’ve had it about 2 years and no issues, other than operator error. Old gas....

Honda makes a great product but there are other options.
    Monte & Stacey
    Rocket and Daisy (Aussie and Golden)
    2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Ext Cab, 6.0, 3.73
    2018 GD Reflection 150 Series, 295RL. Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jerry. I just ordered it on Amazon...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast